Thanks so much for releasing this for free!! =D

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
EvilDragon
Site Admin
Re: Thanks so much for releasing this for free!! =D

Post by EvilDragon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:47 am

mudlord: Sorry, but you sound like a 5-year-old child here.

(Finger pointing at Exophase)
"He was bad! He was bad!"
"What did he do to you, dear?"
"I'm not telling, I'm not telling, go ask him!"

Geez.

It's scary, the more common a device is, the more idiots it attracts.
It's completely different than the OpenPandora scene (where people even donate to help out eaach other), and that's why I never felt at home in such communities.

It's really sad, as I'm pretty sure there are some nice and helpful people here as well, taken rhe fun and overshadowed by all the retards...

Well, if you're honest and want to support developments, then you should buy it.
Even I bought it, and I don't even need it (as it runs worse on all my android devices than on my Pandora).

I really hope there's some hidden protection in that APK which triggers after a while of usage which you've overseen.

I'm really shocked about behaviour like that, but it shows me once more why I love niche systems like the Pandora and why it's important to make sure there will be a Pandora successor!

mudlord

Post by mudlord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:51 am

Fine, do you want me to bring up how he dragged HLE through the mud, fine
Fine, do you want me to bring up how he ranted on libretro/RetroArch, fine
Fine, do you want me to bring up how he allied himself with that cunt byuu, fine.

Shall we go on?

At least I stick with principles, unlike this imbecile.

FaeMinx

Post by FaeMinx » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 am

andutrache wrote:
FaeMinx wrote: Evidence or I'm going to pass you off as emotionally immature, delusional and a paranoid schizophrenic.
...You jerk off to animals.
You make uneducated shallow assumptions. Also, instead of casting shame on me you actually just paint a picture of your maturity level.

Please... continue... :lol:

ReimuHakurei

Post by ReimuHakurei » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:54 am

EvilDragon wrote:I really hope there's some hidden protection in that APK which triggers after a while of usage which you've overseen.
Thing is, Android apps are ridiculously easy to crack. An app can't really tell from where it was installed, and as far as I know the only way for a paid Play Store app to see if it's pirated or not is to use a single API call to check the purchase list from Google's servers.

After decompiling the code, all you would really have to do is ctrl-f for that function and replace it w/ something else.

Though this is how it was a while ago, so Google may have added some things since then. Not that it matters, because someone will crack it anyway.
mudlord wrote:Fine, do you want me to bring up how he allied himself with that cunt byuu, fine.
Nothing wrong with byuu, byuu is cool. bsnes/higan FTW.

mudlord

Post by mudlord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 am

Uh no, byuu is bad. byuu is not cool. He is WAY uncool, oke.

UltraHLE FTW.

ReimuHakurei

Post by ReimuHakurei » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:58 am

mudlord wrote:

UltraHLE FTW.
Why do you not like byuu? Cycle-accurate emulators are good for everyone. While things like UltraHLE are great for pirating games and playing them when you don't have the console itself, cycle-accurate emulators preserve the system and the games, and have far better compatibility.

mudlord

Post by mudlord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:03 am

ReimuHakurei wrote:
mudlord wrote:

UltraHLE FTW.
Why do you not like byuu? Cycle-accurate emulators are good for everyone. While things like UltraHLE are great for pirating games and playing them when you don't have the console itself, cycle-accurate emulators preserve the system and the games, and have far better compatibility.
That is true. I don't hate cycle accuracy itself. I hate the way its done in the dogmatic, GCC or die style which is performed by byuu. Many cycle accurate emulators like Nestopia, QuickNES, BGB and Gambatte do cycle accuracy in a way thats much more efficient.

I hate byuu for many, many reasons besides that. Like his characteristic of being a complete OCD prick. And I judge Exophase in a similar way as he is allied with such trash. Plus byuu has spat in my face plenty of times in the past. Now byuu and I are complete enemies and there is no means to fix that bridge. In the past, we used to be friends, now that ceased to be. Just like with Exophase.

ReimuHakurei

Post by ReimuHakurei » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 am

mudlord wrote: I hate byuu for many, many reasons besides that. Like his characteristic of being a complete OCD prick. And I judge Exophase in a similar way as he is allied with such trash. Plus byuu has spat in my face plenty of times in the past. Now byuu and I are complete enemies and there is no means to fix that bridge. In the past, we used to be friends, now that ceased to be. Just like with Exophase.
Someone once said, "OCD is what makes the difference between a GOOD product and a GREAT one."
I'm sure the only reason bsnes has 100% compatibility is because of said OCD.

mudlord

Post by mudlord » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:07 am

It also tends to make people assholes as they think they are always right and they never listen to outside criticism.

Hence the remark of shoving crap back into people's faces.

ReimuHakurei

Post by ReimuHakurei » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:08 am

mudlord wrote:It also tends to make people assholes as they think they are always right and they never listen to outside criticism.

Hence the remark of shoving crap back into people's faces.
You know, that's the joy of open-source software. If you think he's doing it all wrong, you're free to fork it and make it how YOU think it should be done. Until then, you have no room to complain.