[Suggestion] Save data location

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
JaxDasher
[Suggestion] Save data location

Post by JaxDasher » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Hello devs. You guys are probably working on this already but just in case. Could it be possible to have the save file location to be in a separate folder than android/data...? Maybe sdcard/drastic/saves...? This I think prevents saves from deletion from an uninstall. I just had the heartbreaking event of losing my saves trying to update drastic. I don't want anyone else to suffer such tragedy. Thank you for your time. Good luck to you and your project.

Sean

Re: [Suggestion] Save data location

Post by Sean » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Hence why I backup my whole sdcard to my laptop every week.

leon22heart

Post by leon22heart » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Whats the point of a one week backup.We are talking that a 1day backup can be very irritating cause you have to repeat the progress.We are not telling that our sd broke down and we have nothing left but that the saves folder implementation currently is very risky.In fpse+nd4droid i would never face this danger for example.

efams

Post by efams » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:34 pm

JaxDasher wrote:Hello devs. You guys are probably working on this already but just in case. Could it be possible to have the save file location to be in a separate folder than android/data...? Maybe sdcard/drastic/saves...? This I think prevents saves from deletion from an uninstall. I just had the heartbreaking event of losing my saves trying to update drastic. I don't want anyone else to suffer such tragedy. Thank you for your time. Good luck to you and your project.
+1 , it is very annoying to do backup of the saves every time..

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:45 pm

We are working on providing an option to change DraStic's files directory to somewhere of your choice instead of the normal app location. It'll hopefully be in an update this weekend.

I think it shouldn't be necessary to uninstall and reinstall when updating, but if you do this please take precautions in the mean time.

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Exophase wrote:We are working on providing an option to change DraStic's files directory to somewhere of your choice instead of the normal app location. It'll hopefully be in an update this weekend.

I think it shouldn't be necessary to uninstall and reinstall when updating, but if you do this please take precautions in the mean time.
Would it be possible to move to extSdCard directory? BTW, another update this weekend!? Wow, so far we are getting pretty frequent updates :lol: :P :D

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:43 pm

save to GDrive works as a good way to backup

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:45 pm

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:save to GDrive works as a good way to backup
Although, it should backup more than just the save state, maybe it could also backup the rom/backup.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 pm

AsHperson wrote:
Although, it should backup more than just the save state, maybe it could also backup the rom/backup.
rom backup would be cool my gdrive is 99% empty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:35 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
AsHperson wrote:
rom backup would be cool my gdrive is 99% empty
I made a whole different feature request on this earlier.