function request

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
bigisaac954
function request

Post by bigisaac954 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:01 am

is it possible to add a gameboy function both advanced and color :mrgreen: I figured since you're not working on the online portion of DS games I just wanna play pokemon and other games on Gameboy other than having to play my boy in my old boy and just have it all in oneI am having fun with the DS Pokemon games but I also enjoy the game boy versionS

huckleberrypie

Re: function request

Post by huckleberrypie » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 am

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's what Gameboid is for. Adding GB/C/A functionality would call for some extra, unnecessary effort on Exo's part.

bigisaac954

Post by bigisaac954 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:57 am

I don't think my bubble has been burst because if you think about it it would be worth it because you giving the app owners more than they paid for and by doing that you get talked about even more because people prefer old games sometimes and why spend two more dollars on my old boy and my boy I understand what you said about gameboid but what I'm saying is I think it would be entirely worth it because that extra work can lead to more money making

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 am

Sorry but it's very unlikely that we'll add support for other platforms to DraStic. We'd end up having to dedicate a lot of time finding out why individual games don't work for that platform.. it's enough just doing that for DS. And there are lots of good GBA and GBC emulators for Android already, many of them even free.

If we ever made a new GBA emulator based on DraStic it'd be a totally different app. Possibly free, but separate.

If you want to be able to load different emulators from one place a frontend might help, like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.gamesome

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 am

bigisaac954 wrote:I don't think my bubble has been burst because if you think about it it would be worth it because you giving the app owners more than they paid for and by doing that you get talked about even more because people prefer old games sometimes and why spend two more dollars on my old boy and my boy I understand what you said about gameboid but what I'm saying is I think it would be entirely worth it because that extra work can lead to more money making
bursting it again. there is no gain in it really. theres already established apps that emulate the gameboy. what youre asking is just another thing for the devs to have issues on (compatibility, speed, etc.). also 6 dollars is already more than what you pay for considering the quality of the app. the devs did express they may do some sort of compatibility for saves for pokemon games(dont care since im no fan). what you are expressing is basically just usual consumer thinking which is getting (even) more for less. i may sound a bit peeved and honestly i am since i had been with the devs since they brought the app to android and know how much they are dedicated to this app. people need to realise its not easy to code and i hate it when people throw something like you can earn more if you do this easily like they had some sort of economic degree.
Behold my mighty