computer transfer

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
bembmx
computer transfer

Post by bembmx » Sat May 10, 2014 3:12 am

So before anyone blows up and gets all angry at this, im working an overnight job bored figured I would see what others have to say. would it be possible or even worth doing to create a computer version of drastic that uses the google drive feature so that someone can play a game on the PC and then save their game and be able to open it on the phone to keep playing from a saved game? Also (this one is far fetched but what the hell) WOuld it even be possible to create a drastic game emulator on a website or browser so you can play drastic on any computer? Understandable I dont think it is because of the copyright laws you would need the rams to be saved on the browser or something along those lines. and finally has anyone in the developement team ever considered adding a feature to turn the D pad into a joystick instead? Only ask because normally I play with a moga controller but at work I cant have that and the D pad is a pain to work sometimes with some games. ok now feel free to go off on me about how bad this topic is.

Exophase

Re: computer transfer

Post by Exophase » Sat May 10, 2014 9:17 am

Doing a PC version is possible (I run it on my Linux PC), but I haven't had it building on Windows for well over a year and there'd probably be some work involved to get to to work again because it uses Linux specific features. The Google Drive stuff is all Android specific too, Lordus would have to want to work to port it to Windows.

A browser-based version isn't going to happen, even if we wanted to there's no way we could make it fast enough.

Plugyy

Post by Plugyy » Wed May 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Is there then any way as an ordinary Drastic buyer to get your hands on the linux version?
Somehow the savegames of Pokemon B/W/2 from Drastic aren't compatible with desmume although savegames from pokemon platinum are working perfectly fine with desmume 0.9.9. It would save a lot of trouble with savegames in general if there was a drastic client for pcs available, especially since the desmune-devs now are playing around with ingame-saves and making them incompatible with drastic.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed May 14, 2014 2:09 pm

It'd be easier and more beneficial to get our saves working with DeSmuME.

In the mean time, have you tried using this converter? http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php Rename the DraStic save to .sav and select the RAW option for input.

Plugyy

Post by Plugyy » Wed May 14, 2014 2:53 pm

hmm.. I just need to use the import backup memory function of desmume to make saves of pokemon b/w/2 to work. no need for a conversion. I previously just tried copy&pasting the saves into the battery folder and that obviously doesn't work for pokemon b/w/2 though it does work for pokemon platinum.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed May 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Plugyy wrote:hmm.. I just need to use the import backup memory function of desmume to make saves of pokemon b/w/2 to work. no need for a conversion. I previously just tried copy&pasting the saves into the battery folder and that obviously doesn't work for pokemon b/w/2 though it does work for pokemon platinum.
odd, b/w 2 should work. i tried it on drastic with desmume 0.9.9.... and then imported it to desmume 0.9.10. it a bit of a bother using it as a 'desmume converter' but hey, whatever works, right?its not even that difficult.
Behold my mighty

Plugyy

Post by Plugyy » Thu May 15, 2014 8:40 am

yea, I tried desmume versions from 0.9.8 - 0.9.11 testbuilds, direct copies of b/w/2 savegames into the battery folder never worked for me regardless of the desmume-builds. Somehow you don't need desmume 0.9.9 as a converter if you use the import backup memory-function and rename your savegame to .sav. I tried that btw successfully with 0.9.11 testbuilds.
ohh, and i'm still in favour of the linux version of drastic. :D