Paying for a custom port

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Delusions
Paying for a custom port

Post by Delusions » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 am

Hello, Exophase et.al. I hope you are well. I am a long time user of your program and a true devotee. I was wondering what the economic incentive would need to be to have a port of your software to the ios platform. I'm not looking for actual dollar amounts (well, I am, but I understand how sensitive that information can be). Some of your fans are relatively well heeled however and would be willing to pay for a custom port to ios provided that it were updated regularly. Are we talking a few hundred? A few thousand or tens of thousands? It'd be helpful to know if a private donation is all it would take. Best.

Jay Haru

Re: Paying for a custom port

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 am

Delusions wrote:Hello, Exophase et.al. I hope you are well. I am a long time user of your program and a true devotee. I was wondering what the economic incentive would need to be to have a port of your software to the ios platform. I'm not looking for actual dollar amounts (well, I am, but I understand how sensitive that information can be). Some of your fans are relatively well heeled however and would be willing to pay for a custom port to ios provided that it were updated regularly. Are we talking a few hundred? A few thousand or tens of thousands? It'd be helpful to know if a private donation is all it would take. Best.
its not about the money mostly. its about how it should be done. the app requires that the device be jailbroken for one and for many ios fans, its a no. then even then, he doesnt have enuf time and human resource shuffling from pandora, android and then ios for support (software support, not money mind you). add to that that even if prople are willing to pay, there isnt a way to accept them as paypal hates emulators. the devs also had limited knowledge with regards to ios porting i think.

there may be a port but it may take some time depending on how fast the devs can fix the issues existing now in the current platforms supported coz making a port now is honestly just sking for more headaches.
Behold my mighty