Both screens are cropped

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
udllpn
Both screens are cropped

Post by udllpn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Although I've been using the beta version for a while, I have just downloaded the latest official version from Google Play and noticed that DraStic crops the lower part of the top screen. I don't know when this started happening, but this is the first time I have noticed. It happens with every game, but here is an example using Strange Journey:

First Picture: Here, I am editing the layout.

Second Picture: Here, I am playing the game.

As you can see, the top screen is cropped. There is nothing I can do, and even reseting the layout or choosing another one does nothing.
Last edited by udllpn on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Haru

Re: Top screen is cropped

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:13 am

udllpn wrote:Although I've been using the beta version for a while, I have just downloaded the latest official version from Google Play and noticed that DraStic crops the lower part of the top screen. I don't know when this started happening, but this is the first time I have noticed. It happens with every game, but here is an example using Strange Journey:

First Picture: Here, I am editing the layout.

Second Picture: Here, I am playing the game.

As you can see, the top screen is cropped. There is nothing I can do, and even reseting the layout or choosing another one does nothing.
what unit are you using? it may be because there is an overlap in the screens that you are experiencing this issues?
Behold my mighty

udllpn

Post by udllpn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:26 am

After investigating a bit more, I've been able to determine that this is not something new, as earlier versions of DraStic have the same problem.

In fact, both screens are affected by this problem (including the one on the bottom). This happens with all games and also on landscape mode. This is not an overlapping problem.

It is possible to check the differences by entering the layout editing mode and then comparing the screens. If someone could confirm the problem, it would be appreciated.

I'm am using a 2012 Nexus 7 and the latest versions of both Android and the emulator.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 am

udllpn wrote:After investigating a bit more, I've been able to determine that this is not something new, as earlier versions of DraStic have the same problem.

In fact, both screens are affected by this problem (including the one on the bottom). This happens with all games and also on landscape mode. This is not an overlapping problem.

It is possible to check the differences by entering the layout editing mode and then comparing the screens. If someone could confirm the problem, it would be appreciated.

I'm am using a 2012 Nexus 7 and the latest versions of both Android and the emulator.
i had been testing the app since i had the pleasure of buying it and i had never really experienced the screen cropping issue (except for when it was in the old version where autorotate is not yet implemented) and if it did, we shouldve been hearing it a bit more often (except of course the one i pointed out which was fixed when autorotate was introduced).

since you said you have the latest version, can you confirm it by telling us the latest build number of your install?

UPDATE: after informing the dev, we were able to reproduce your error which was tied to the filter. we are now trying to improve it so your concern will be addressed.
Behold my mighty

udllpn

Re: Both screens are cropped

Post by udllpn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Thanks for your good work.

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Did the last (beta?)-update a few days ago address this issue? :-)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 pm

TnA.Plastic wrote:Did the last (beta?)-update a few days ago address this issue? :-)
No, but the one I just uploaded does.

udllpn

Post by udllpn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:14 am

Yes, I can confirm the issue has been resolved. Thank you.

TnA.Plastic

Post by TnA.Plastic » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:26 am

Thank you! :-)