How to evolve Kadabra in pokemon platinum without trading

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
neo
How to evolve Kadabra in pokemon platinum without trading

Post by neo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:42 am

Apparently to evolve Kadabra into Alakazam you need to trade him. But how can this be done without system link?

Is there a code or workaround to getting Alakazam? Or should I just ditch abra?

Leaf

Re: How to evolve Kadabra in pokemon platinum without tradin

Post by Leaf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:57 am

If you want to do it legitimately, setup Desmume Wifi (google around, you might find a GBAtemp thread with tutorial and links). You theoretically need a wired LAN connection to be hooked by Winpcap, but you can do with EasyTether, using your phone to tether Wi-Fi.

Once you're done, deposit it on the GTS asking for an impossible trade (lv. 9 Staraptor or something, be aware that level 9- Dialga/Palkia/Giratina is possible), make any trade there (looking for silly pokémon like low level Bidoof or Cricketot preferably), once you manage to trade anything immediately withdraw your Kadabra and it'll evolve. This trick only works in Gen 4 though.

But if you want the easy way, just get Pokésav/Pokégen and edit your Kadabra into Alakazam.
woof woof

ahmedomar2015

Post by ahmedomar2015 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Could you please show me how I would do that either in the online editor or the downloaded program. I tried it and everything was really confusing. I understand that this may be too much that I am asking for but I'd really appreciate it.

RShell

Post by RShell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:25 am

There is a simple hack that removes all of the trade evolutions, just google, "pokemon platinum no trade evolutions rom" download it and replace it in your roms folder. It should work with your old savegame (it worked with mine), but make a backup just to be safe.

ahmedomar2015

Post by ahmedomar2015 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 pm

RShell wrote:There is a simple hack that removes all of the trade evolutions, just google, "pokemon platinum no trade evolutions rom" download it and replace it in your roms folder. It should work with your old savegame (it worked with mine), but make a backup just to be safe.
Thanks very much I did it and it worked!

RShell

Post by RShell » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:07 am

You are welcome!

Heeinz

Post by Heeinz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:52 am

RShell wrote:There is a simple hack that removes all of the trade evolutions, just google, "pokemon platinum no trade evolutions rom" download it and replace it in your roms folder. It should work with your old savegame (it worked with mine), but make a backup just to be safe.
I tried this, the game loads at the point where I saved it but when I take one step it just throws me back at the main menu.. What to do? :(

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:58 am

Ok so I'm using drastic on my cell phone ROM site removed the evolution hack one you said both work but how do I transfer my info? Its saved to Google drive

Mod edit: Don't link or refer to ROM sites.