[Suggestion]Dual Screen

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
AsHperson
[Suggestion]Dual Screen

Post by AsHperson » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:42 pm

I was just thinking, would it be possible if say you have 2 android devices with DraStic lying around and you would like it to be a real "Dual Screen". I was thinking of being able to have one screen on each of the devices(paired by Bluetooth within the app). A good situation for this might be if you have a docked tablet or whatever and a phone that you can have closer you or hold.
Last edited by AsHperson on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mindbender

Re: [Suggestion]Dual Screen

Post by mindbender » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm

AsHperson wrote:I was just thinking, would it be possible if say you have 2 android devices with DraStic lying around and you would like it to be a real "Dual Screen". I was thinking of being able to have one screen on each of the devices(paired by Bluetooth within the app). A good situation for this might be if you have a docked tablet or whatever and a phone that you can have closer you or hold, and it would work moreso like a xl ds where the top screen is bigger.
The top and bottom screens on all versions of the DS are the same size. You're thinking of the 3DS which has a larger top screen.

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:37 am

mindbender wrote:
AsHperson wrote:I was just thinking, would it be possible if say you have 2 android devices with DraStic lying around and you would like it to be a real "Dual Screen". I was thinking of being able to have one screen on each of the devices(paired by Bluetooth within the app). A good situation for this might be if you have a docked tablet or whatever and a phone that you can have closer you or hold, and it would work moreso like a xl ds where the top screen is bigger.
The top and bottom screens on all versions of the DS are the same size. You're thinking of the 3DS which has a larger top screen.
Oh yeah, thanks for correcting me, I totally forgot that ds games are letterboxed on the 3ds.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 am

It is possible to make it so but fom what I know, one will need to become a server and the other the slave. The master would need much more processing power as it works bot internally and externally. Synching may become an issue if I would compare this with the ad hoc mode in psp.

But then, I am just a novice programmer. Not much experience yet with more complicated stuff.
Behold my mighty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 am

Jay Haru wrote:It is possible to make it so but fom what I know, one will need to become a server and the other the slave. The master would need much more processing power as it works bot internally and externally. Synching may become an issue if I would compare this with the ad hoc mode in psp.

But then, I am just a novice programmer. Not much experience yet with more complicated stuff.
Just wondering, what kinds of apps do you make? I'm a great QA guy.
I could see starting the game on the powerful one then on default when you select the single screen mode when you tap the switch screens button it would ask you if you want to switch screens or move the other screen to another device and after they are synced you can tap the switch screens button again and they switch. With only the host can access the menu and such but the slave device has the options of quit screen sharing, switch screens, button/touch modes.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:03 am

AsHperson wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:It is possible to make it so but fom what I know, one will need to become a server and the other the slave. The master would need much more processing power as it works bot internally and externally. Synching may become an issue if I would compare this with the ad hoc mode in psp.

I could see starting the game on the powerful one then on default when you select the single screen mode when you tap the switch screens button it would ask you if you want to switch screens or move the other screen to another device and after they are synced you can tap the switch screens button again and they switch. With only the host can access the menu and such but the slave device has the options of quit screen sharing, switch screens, button/touch modes.
I just received my diploma last march but one of my thesis project involved making a sort of battle game. 2 players fight and a 3rd device acts as an arbiter/judge. Basically the player device stores individual information like battles won/lost etc. While the arbiter device lists the ranking and who fought who. It is basically patterned on pc game tourneys but on a liighter scale. We actually passed it up as an alternative teaching method as our panel hated games. would upload it but what I have is just a third of the whole system as I was not the head programmer
Behold my mighty

AsHperson

Post by AsHperson » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:06 am

Jay Haru wrote:
AsHperson wrote:

I just received my diploma last march but one of my thesis project involved making a sort of battle game. 2 players fight and a 3rd device acts as an arbiter/judge. Basically the player device stores individual information like battles won/lost etc. While the arbiter device lists the ranking and who fought who. It is basically patterned on pc game tourneys but on a liighter scale. We actually passed it up as an alternative teaching method as our panel hated games. would upload it but what I have is just a third of the whole system as I was not the head programmer
Nice, I too received my diploma around that time this year.
edit: gotta love all dat nesting. :P