Is the UI going to be more uniformed?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Majkes
Is the UI going to be more uniformed?

Post by Majkes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:06 am

Just want to say I love this emu and the progress you are making but there's one thing I don't like: UI.

It almost looks like the emu is made of 3 different apps, there's no uniformity between them at all, the "saving orb" that is visible when saving savestate looks like something from 2001, the circular menu looks nothing like the menus visible when starting the app. Also, the buttons could use a little revamp, they look really old and are way too much detailed. Look at FPS (psx emu) or PPSSPP (psp emu), these buttons are slick and modern, they don't try to look detailed, with gradients and many colors, they are white and incredibly simple, and they don't distract as much as DraStic buttons.

I'd love if you took my suggestions into consideration!

Jay Haru

Re: Is the UI going to be more uniformed?

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 am

Majkes wrote:Just want to say I love this emu and the progress you are making but there's one thing I don't like: UI.

It almost looks like the emu is made of 3 different apps, there's no uniformity between them at all, the "saving orb" that is visible when saving savestate looks like something from 2001, the circular menu looks nothing like the menus visible when starting the app. Also, the buttons could use a little revamp, they look really old and are way too much detailed. Look at FPS (psx emu) or PPSSPP (psp emu), these buttons are slick and modern, they don't try to look detailed, with gradients and many colors, they are white and incredibly simple, and they don't distract as much as DraStic buttons.

I'd love if you took my suggestions into consideration!
it may be of my opinion that ui is based on taste and many have said they liked the ui so yeah, no.
Behold my mighty

Majkes

Post by Majkes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:42 am

If it's based on taste then you should add couple of options to match everyone's taste, why are you so recalcitrant in taking some constructive critiques

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 am

Majkes wrote:If it's based on taste then you should add couple of options to match everyone's taste, why are you so recalcitrant in taking some constructive critiques
there isnt such a thing as a match for everyones taste. not even jesus matched everyones taste.

as for being reluctant, your leaked copy had been tested by about 800 tesers and i dont think or remember anyone complain anything about the gui exept one of the three main testers. it takes some getting used to but its not that steep of a learning curve.

that radial menu is actually optimised for hardware controllers as well as small screen. its basicvally a quick menu as opposed to main menu full of options.
Behold my mighty