True Dual Screens Possible

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Dreamcaster
True Dual Screens Possible

Post by Dreamcaster » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 am

First off, hats off to the developers. I was skeptical of this but I have been proven wrong, it's proceeding quite nicely. As an owner of the Nvidia Shield, I have learned to love playing DS games on my 60 inch TV. They look quite nice actually but is it feasible to ever have a TV or monitor serve as one screen & the Nvidia or other device serve as the second display? I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't done this with the Wii U & have DS games playable that way.

EDIT:Meant to have a question mark after my thread title!!

Exophase

Re: True Dual Screens Possible

Post by Exophase » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:37 pm

This is something we're currently working on implementing for a later version - the base support is there, it just needs to be made more stable and configurable. AFAIK it requires a fairly recent version of Android. This is all Lordus's work so he can probably give a better answer.

You can also do this in the Pandora version, if you really want it now ;)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Yeah, i experimented with that some months ago, before the first release, but haven't done any more work since then.
It's basically functional and shouldn't take too much time to complete. I'll look into it after our next release is out.
You will need an Android version >= 4.2.2 to use it, though. Well, on the Shield you have that anyway.

Dreamcaster

Post by Dreamcaster » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:37 pm

WOW!! You guys are on top of things!! This is such an awesome piece of software & reading older posts I can tell you guys are listening to your customers & genuinely seem to care, that's rare!! Keep it up!!