Do you use the ingame save?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
tastyvb
Do you use the ingame save?

Post by tastyvb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:32 pm

So I've been only playing Animal Crossing and Pokemon white 2(annnd many other games) for quite a while now, only using the ingame save function, which was basically because the emulator's save system was quite buggy and wouldn't work well(At least its like that for me)
But I was wondering if, like on other emulators, the ingame save will suddenly get bricked or something like that. You know, I'm scared that one day the save state would be gone when I turn the game on.
I also heard the ingame save function doesn't work for some games, but the games I play right now.. well, they've been working all right until now.
So how many of you guys only use the in-game save system? and is there any chance that I might lose them somehow?

Lordus

Re: Do you use the ingame save?

Post by Lordus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:53 pm

In which way are the savestates buggy for you? Does it crash or freeze after loading one?

tastyvb

Post by tastyvb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Lordus wrote:In which way are the savestates buggy for you? Does it crash or freeze after loading one?
Yeah, quick save/load works fine, but all the saves get bricked when I load another rom. The saves are in the slot, but they freeze once I load.
Maybe I'll have to play only one game at a time..

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:18 pm

May i ask if you bought DraStic from Google Play, because that's what happens when using a pirated version?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Lordus wrote:May i ask if you bought DraStic from Google Play, because that's what happens when using a pirated version?
i would say its a 'yohoho' version.
Behold my mighty

tastyvb

Post by tastyvb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 am

Lordus wrote:May i ask if you bought DraStic from Google Play, because that's what happens when using a pirated version?
nope.. bought it last week. ;)

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:56 am

And the saves still freeze after you bought it? I mean new saves, not ones you made before you bought it.

OMAN

Post by OMAN » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:30 pm

I had an issue with Zelda Spirit Tracks. When I tried to save last night the game crashed to the DraStic menu, and when I tried to load that save, it would always crash back to the menu. I can no longer continue from that save. Luckily, I had also been saving on the actual system saves. I think it might have happened when I was fast-forwarding through the Ocean Realm and saved, but don't hold me to that. So it could be an issue with saving during fast-forward mode. I was at 400% fast-forward increase BTW.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:16 pm

OMAN wrote:I had an issue with Zelda Spirit Tracks. When I tried to save last night the game crashed to the DraStic menu, and when I tried to load that save, it would always crash back to the menu. I can no longer continue from that save. Luckily, I had also been saving on the actual system saves. I think it might have happened when I was fast-forwarding through the Ocean Realm and saved, but don't hold me to that. So it could be an issue with saving during fast-forward mode. I was at 400% fast-forward increase BTW.
Sorry, I think Spirit Tracks is one of few games that has a save size > 512KB, there's a bug in the current version where savestates can crash with saves this big. If it crashed your savestate is not valid, so you can't load it.. I recommend for this game turning off the option to keep saves in savestates. Next version will automatically disable it for games like this.