Savestate (.dss) extractor

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
CyberScopes
Savestate (.dss) extractor

Post by CyberScopes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 am

Is there any tool/program that can open .dss files so it could be edited and repacked? I want to extract the .dsv save inside one of my savestates.

Exophase

Re: Savestate (.dss) extractor

Post by Exophase » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:25 am

No, but if you load the .dss in a game then exit it the .dsv will be overwritten with whatever was in the savestate. (but I actually don't really like this behavior and am thinking of changing it >_>)

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 am

Oh ok, the only reason i need it is cause my pokemon save is corrupt and ive tried all the ways in the pokemon save corruption thread but nothing worked so i was thinking of unpacking the .dss file and inject a proper working .dsv into it. I guess im out of options now :cry:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 am

CyberScopes wrote:Oh ok, the only reason i need it is cause my pokemon save is corrupt and ive tried all the ways in the pokemon save corruption thread but nothing worked so i was thinking of unpacking the .dss file and inject a proper working .dsv into it. I guess im out of options now :cry:
just start a new game.dont rely on savestates too much and just use ingame saves often.
Behold my mighty

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:35 am

Ill probably just use walk through walls cheat and go through blocked areas, thanks for helping but im probably permenantly stuck :sad:

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 am

CyberScopes wrote:Ill probably just use walk through walls cheat and go through blocked areas, thanks for helping but im probably permenantly stuck :sad:
half of the fun in playing games are the challenges. while its your game to play, i would rather advice you to not use cheats. you will feel more fulfilled when you played and beat a game without one
Behold my mighty

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:16 am

Its not that i want to use cheats, i hate cheats cause they ruin the purpose of the game but because i cant save, i cant defeat N and go to other towns because they are blocked, so i have no option but to go through the blocked areas or fix ingame saves. I would love to fix it but theres currently no fix for my problem. Hopefully an update could fix it.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 am

CyberScopes wrote:Its not that i want to use cheats, i hate cheats cause they ruin the purpose of the game but because i cant save, i cant defeat N and go to other towns because they are blocked, so i have no option but to go through the blocked areas or fix ingame saves. I would love to fix it but theres currently no fix for my problem. Hopefully an update could fix it.
and i am telling you just try to restart your game from the beginning. in an6 case, you make the calls.
Behold my mighty

CyberScopes

Post by CyberScopes » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:09 am

I just cant, its too much to go through all over again. But i am thinking of just leaving it and instead start pokemon black 2

ChuckZ

Post by ChuckZ » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm

I was reading this topic from the beginning which led me curious to ask this question which I'm sure everyone can use for future reference.

I am using the latest DraStic for my GS4. I am playing pokemon black 2 at the moment and I am using both quick save button and in-game saving for special game events when required. If I ever buy a real Nintendo 3DS console and a r4 card or whichever card is needed to play Pokemon X or Y as well. Would it be possible to trade my pokemon or continue my game on the DS? Through any means? To be honest all I care about is my pokemon since I put a lot of time into training them.

Thanks in advance!