Have you plan to translate the app ?
I can help you if you want.

ericbazinga

Re: French translation

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:15 am

juju007007 wrote:Hi guys,
Have you plan to translate the app ?
I can help you if you want.
I'm not sure about the translation thing, but it might help if you download the roms of the french versions of the games you own/want

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Eric I am pretty sure he means the menu, the faq and other such stuff not like making an american or japanese copy of pokemon french

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:25 pm

I know but I don't know how to code :lol:
The french-game idea would've definitely helped though

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

juju007007

Post by juju007007 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:37 pm

I'm using y french version of games but the menu of drastic is in english and all the other stuff like cheat and so on.
Adding a french translation could develop a new community.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

I can't speak for the menu, but localizing the cheat database is not an option. It would take 100s of man hours to go through every game and cheat code (some like animal crossing have 100s of codes themselves).

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:56 pm

xperia64 wrote:I can't speak for the menu, but localizing the cheat database is not an option. It would take 100s of man hours to go through every game and cheat code (some like animal crossing have 100s of codes themselves).
Oddly enough the cheat database might be the easiest thing to translate and the most worth while to other language speakers. Since a custom database can be used if someone went and translated the database it could be easily changed out for anyone who wanted to use it.

If exo/lordus actually mainly lordus maintains the android frontend of drastic I believe does not want to or can not add in multiple languages you could always make a guide in french to help translate if you want to help out.

I would love to help but the best I could do is run the cheat database through a very rough machine translation and as a fan of fan transltions in anime and manga I know how rough those can be. But like I said the custom cheat database and translation faq is something you could do all on your own of if you have some french friends that read a little english make it a fun group activity.