iOS release?

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
Ashen
iOS release?

Post by Ashen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 am

First off, Yes I've read the FAQ. I haven't seen any recent discussion of the subject so thought I would bring it up.

Just wondering with the recently released iOS8 jailbreak if Drastic on my iPhone will ever come to be? I've already purchased the Google Play version for android and would purchase again x10 for iOS. Thanks for this wonderful little piece of software!

Cheers.

Exophase

Re: iOS release?

Post by Exophase » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:02 pm

I have gotten an offer from someone willing to work with me on a port a long time ago, but I haven't gotten back to him since I've been so busy, and because there are some other issues I haven't really figured out how to deal with. Selling this for iOS is probably not possible anyway - the official app store doesn't allow emulators and Cydia doesn't allow selling emulators (it's a PayPal thing). So at a minimum it'd need jailbreaking and it'd probably have to be ad supported or something.

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Well that's a bummer.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but all of Robert Broglia's .emu series of emulators are for sale through the Cydia store hosted on the Bigboss repo. Maybe his policy's have changed?

Either way, I'm not giving up hope just yet. Thanks Exo for the awesome emulator!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Can you confirm they're for sale currently? I know they used to be, but they were pulled once PayPal was made aware of it - their policies don't allow accepting payment for emulators. It's possible they're using a different payment service now.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:07 pm

This is how Broglia is handling the iOS emulators now:
http://www.explusalpha.com/home/funding/one-time