DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Post whatever!
Jay Haru
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby Jay Haru » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:09 pm

MrPocketGamer98 wrote:PCSX2 has officially filed a DMCA takedown

Link: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-android ... ty?page=11

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pro.ppsspp

why the heck is ppsspp in there? no idea but according to them, they have chinese copyright protction. theres something you dont see often. china protecting copyrights! so oxymoron
Behold my mighty
Image
MrPocketGamer98
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 am

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby MrPocketGamer98 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 am

Jay Haru wrote:
MrPocketGamer98 wrote:PCSX2 has officially filed a DMCA takedown

Link: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-android ... ty?page=11

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pro.ppsspp

why the heck is ppsspp in there? no idea but according to them, they have chinese copyright protction. theres something you dont see often. china protecting copyrights! so oxymoron


Idk why they have PPSSPP on there. For a while they were using the exact same GUI as PPSSPP which lead to the PPSSPP team also filing a DMCA takedown (One of the devs said that on Reddit can find source if needed). There app was actually off the Google Play Store for a while. Apparently now they took out the code they used from PCSX2. Idk too much about the technical details involved with the code all I do is test games on emulators for fun lol. But yeah the developers of DamonPS2 Pro for sure is giving the android emulation community a bad name. It would be nice for them to follow GPL licensing and actually release the source if they did steal the code. But we will never know cause a bunch of DRM is preventing people from looking into it.

PCSX2 Statement about the DamonPS2 Pro Emulator: https://pcsx2.net/286-the-pcsx2-team-s- ... lator.html
Check out my Emulator Test Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrpocketgamer98
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby huckleberrypie » Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 am

Open source software sure is a double-edged sword, eh? This is the very reason why some, myself included, feel rather ambivalent over Drastic being open-sourced. There's the benefit of a community being able to back you up and improve upon your work, and then there's these lousy bastards who'd come in and steal your handiwork.
Kostas Gangstar
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 am

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby Kostas Gangstar » Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby ericbazinga » Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Kostas Gangstar wrote:Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.

Hey, 10fps actually ain't bad. Especially on a mid-range phone.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
My Discord server: PM me if you wanna join
User avatar
SSUPII
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Bari, Italy

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby SSUPII » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Kostas Gangstar wrote:Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.

Hey, 10fps actually ain't bad. Especially on a mid-range phone.


I read in the revews of the app that someone got 60fps stable on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't know if it is true or false
Spoiler!
Some Pokemon gifs here, nothing important to see
Image
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby ericbazinga » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

SSUPII wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
Kostas Gangstar wrote:Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.

Hey, 10fps actually ain't bad. Especially on a mid-range phone.


I read in the revews of the app that someone got 60fps stable on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't know if it is true or false

Only one way to find out- test it!
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
My Discord server: PM me if you wanna join
User avatar
dsattorney
Posts: 246
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:29 am
Location: Argentina

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby dsattorney » Fri May 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.
OBJECTION!
Image
Other places to find me:
VOGONS: http://www.vogons.org/ (as olddos25)
Jay Haru
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby Jay Haru » Fri May 11, 2018 8:36 pm

dsattorney wrote:Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.

the s3 is like 6 years old so not really high end by todays phones
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Postby huckleberrypie » Sat May 12, 2018 4:21 am

Jay Haru wrote:
dsattorney wrote:Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.

the s3 is like 6 years old so not really high end by todays phones

If anything, the S3's specs would be by and large entry-level material nowadays.

Return to “Off the Wall”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest