DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Post whatever!
Jay Haru
Re: DamonPS2 Pro Emulator

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:09 pm

MrPocketGamer98 wrote:PCSX2 has officially filed a DMCA takedown

Link: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-android ... ty?page=11
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pro.ppsspp

why the heck is ppsspp in there? no idea but according to them, they have chinese copyright protction. theres something you dont see often. china protecting copyrights! so oxymoron
Behold my mighty

MrPocketGamer98

Post by MrPocketGamer98 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:38 am

Jay Haru wrote:
MrPocketGamer98 wrote:PCSX2 has officially filed a DMCA takedown

Link: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-android ... ty?page=11
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pro.ppsspp

why the heck is ppsspp in there? no idea but according to them, they have chinese copyright protction. theres something you dont see often. china protecting copyrights! so oxymoron
Idk why they have PPSSPP on there. For a while they were using the exact same GUI as PPSSPP which lead to the PPSSPP team also filing a DMCA takedown (One of the devs said that on Reddit can find source if needed). There app was actually off the Google Play Store for a while. Apparently now they took out the code they used from PCSX2. Idk too much about the technical details involved with the code all I do is test games on emulators for fun lol. But yeah the developers of DamonPS2 Pro for sure is giving the android emulation community a bad name. It would be nice for them to follow GPL licensing and actually release the source if they did steal the code. But we will never know cause a bunch of DRM is preventing people from looking into it.

PCSX2 Statement about the DamonPS2 Pro Emulator: https://pcsx2.net/286-the-pcsx2-team-s- ... lator.html
Check out my Emulator Test Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrpocketgamer98

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri May 04, 2018 5:06 am

Open source software sure is a double-edged sword, eh? This is the very reason why some, myself included, feel rather ambivalent over Drastic being open-sourced. There's the benefit of a community being able to back you up and improve upon your work, and then there's these lousy bastards who'd come in and steal your handiwork.

Kostas Gangstar

Post by Kostas Gangstar » Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Kostas Gangstar wrote:Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
The emulator is still alive in the store and just had an update, 1.2.1 version was cracked by some guy (no not mudlord he only cracks legit emulators) and it seems it's the best option we have for now cause play! is slow.
Hey, 10fps actually ain't bad. Especially on a mid-range phone.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Kostas Gangstar wrote:Silent hill 2 demo version ran with 10 fps in my medium end phone :/
I read in the revews of the app that someone got 60fps stable on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't know if it is true or false
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

SSUPII wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
I read in the revews of the app that someone got 60fps stable on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I don't know if it is true or false
Only one way to find out- test it!

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Fri May 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.
OBJECTION!

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri May 11, 2018 8:36 pm

dsattorney wrote:Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.
the s3 is like 6 years old so not really high end by todays phones
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat May 12, 2018 4:21 am

Jay Haru wrote:
dsattorney wrote:Considering it is a high-end phone, it may be possible to get maybe 40-50 fps. But not 60.
the s3 is like 6 years old so not really high end by todays phones
If anything, the S3's specs would be by and large entry-level material nowadays.