Broke updates and stuff after removing DownloadProviderUI.apk

Post whatever!
Fefo
Broke updates and stuff after removing DownloadProviderUI.apk

Post by Fefo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:31 am

Despite having gone through this before, yesterday I smartly tried again to remove the Downloads app from my phone (Android 4.4.4). Downloads such as Play Store and Drive were obviosly broken, and restoring the app doesn't fix stuff, along with cleaning data, caches and restarts.

Since I also didn't made a full backup before so far my only option is a reflash. Any android savant know what is missing to fix this?
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

SSUPII

Re: Broke updates and stuff after removing DownloadProviderUI.apk

Post by SSUPII » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Why do you whant to remove DownloadProviderUI, just hide it from your launcher...

You can try reflashing the Google Apps and D.P.UI, but i don't think that will work because unistalling DownloadProviderUI.apk you unmounted some critical services of the download manager.
Backup and reflashing the ROM its the fastest and safest way to fix it
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:18 am

Not very smart since I already did I it before with similar results. Even less so when you're able to do full backups.

Does removing my account work? I couldn't since there's only mine, and I need a fallback from what I've read. Just for future debugging, since my vibrator is messed up and I need to know if it's hardware or software.

---

As a last "defense", does DownloadProviderUI is/was always needed? I remember removing it on an older phone with no problems, probably with an old Android/CyanogenMod version.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:32 pm

No, removing your account just deletes it from the phone and will be useless because it is not related to the download manager
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks, doing a "reflash" right now. Hopefully when I think about doing this again I can find this topic with your explanation, and at least having the foresight of doing a proper backup before.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH