Page 4 of 4

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 am
by Jay Haru
Fefo wrote:Uh, you realize that P2P (in torrents) is just a form of distribution, right? Linux distros, Blizzard content, legit stuff. Most of the times there's a hash for integrity check too.

Anyway, here's the forum link if you're into classic downloads: http://am2r.freeforums.org/am2r-full-re ... t1599.html . PM your email and I'll send you both version when I can manage.


Look out, the cyberpolice will get you!!!

Image

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:03 am
by ericbazinga
Jay Haru wrote:yo, just did a bit of digging and found this

https://twitter.com/CuttingRoomWiki/sta ... 8815890433

so... the story of N busting the site...

Image

Oh. I guess it was fake news then. Either that or a misunderstanding.

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 am
by Jay Haru
tonnes of fake news around the net. Id rather believe fox news than half the crap in the net (though luckily, i am outside Trumpland so whether it matters does not matter, hahaha).

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:15 pm
by ericbazinga
Jay Haru wrote:tonnes of fake news around the net. Id rather believe fox news than half the crap in the net (though luckily, i am outside Trumpland so whether it matters does not matter, hahaha).

What do people have against Fox News?

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:19 pm
by TkSilver
ericbazinga wrote:What do people have against Fox News?


Simple answer is that they are the right wing version of CNN or MSNBC. So basically they tend to spin the facts to favor a right wing view point where the others spin the facts to favor a left wing view point.

It used to be in fashion to pick apart everything Fox news said and show where they were hiding things or out right lying. Now people are doing it to CNN.

Basically the lesson is only trust 100% things that have personally seen/heard/ect. For everything else approach with the understanding that the biases of the person telling you it may be distorting the facts one way or annother, Or as Dr. House said "Everyone lies."

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:26 pm
by Jay Haru
I'd rather you say it in a squidward voice and say "Everyones's a critic!"...

but that works too!

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:17 pm
by ericbazinga
TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:What do people have against Fox News?


Simple answer is that they are the right wing version of CNN or MSNBC. So basically they tend to spin the facts to favor a right wing view point where the others spin the facts to favor a left wing view point.

It used to be in fashion to pick apart everything Fox news said and show where they were hiding things or out right lying. Now people are doing it to CNN.

Basically the lesson is only trust 100% things that have personally seen/heard/ect. For everything else approach with the understanding that the biases of the person telling you it may be distorting the facts one way or annother, Or as Dr. House said "Everyone lies."

Well, now I feel ridiculous and embarrassed that I watch CNN. And it's sad that people pick apart what news stations say. Why can't people just trust the news?

Jay Haru wrote:I'd rather you say it in a squidward voice and say "Everyones's a critic!"...

Don't worry Jay, I gotcha
Image

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:28 am
by TkSilver
ericbazinga wrote:Well, now I feel ridiculous and embarrassed that I watch CNN. And it's sad that people pick apart what news stations say. Why can't people just trust the news?


Personally I think it is a good thing that more and more people are trusting less and less what they are told at face value.

People SHOULD be doubted. Many people misunderstand this concept. Doubting people is just a part of getting to know them. What many people call ‘trust’ is really just giving up on trying to understand others, and that very act is far worse than doubting. It is actually ‘apathy.’

Also to doubt and to check is one of the best ways to avoid the trap of an echo chamber effect where the only opinions you hear are ones you agree with. With blocking settings and filters it befomes too easy to not have to confront the idea that your opinion is not the only one on pretty much any subject. And while some opinions are demonstrably incorrect (chemtrails and a lot of conapiracy theories) knowldge and understanding comes from looking at things from a different view. Since if you are always right then what is there to learn.

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 pm
by Fefo
http://www.romhacking.net/

Trusting means expecting something to go the way you want. That's reason enough to not trust.

Re: Eric and Huckelberrypie Discuss Nintendo's corporate nature

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:05 pm
by ericbazinga
Fefo wrote:http://www.romhacking.net/

Trusting means expecting something to go the way you want. That's reason enough to not trust.

Huh, it's back online. Last time I checked, it was offline.