Nintendo Switch

Post whatever!
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby huckleberrypie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 am

Jay Haru wrote:just letting huck know that SM Toy Kingdom sells the switch for 26500 php (about 500USD).

So I noticed. Astroplus sells them for pretty much the same the last time I went to Bacoor.
Jay Haru
Posts: 1663
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Jay Haru » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:29 am

huckleberrypie wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:just letting huck know that SM Toy Kingdom sells the switch for 26500 php (about 500USD).

So I noticed. Astroplus sells them for pretty much the same the last time I went to Bacoor.


does it include 1-2 swotch and zelda:breath of the wild?
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby huckleberrypie » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:42 am

Jay Haru wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:just letting huck know that SM Toy Kingdom sells the switch for 26500 php (about 500USD).

So I noticed. Astroplus sells them for pretty much the same the last time I went to Bacoor.


does it include 1-2 swotch and zelda:breath of the wild?

Apparently, but I'm not sure if it's bundled or had to be bought separately.
Fefo
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Fefo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:55 pm

Nah Jay, pocket money is just an expression. My case is more of third world exporting from first world problems.

Hard to justify buying new, vanity items when it's cheaper to export two refurbished consoles to get one fully working than to buy one as dubiously acquired from grey market sellers. Big sellers aren't any better: more expensive, have to deal with lazy warranty in case of bad luck. At least small guys tend to depend more of trust and will care a little.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby huckleberrypie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:35 am

Looks like the SoC used isn't custom after all:
http://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-teg ... a-maxwell/

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the NVIDIA Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.


Barring the bootloader, this could mean that one could theoretically replace the FreeBSD-based operating system with Android, turning it to, well, you know. Heh, I'd laugh if someone did so and installed Drastic for teh lulz.
Jay Haru
Posts: 1663
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Jay Haru » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:54 am

ah, but it may require proper drivers... maybe a better would be PandoraOS? or any lightweight Linux distros?
Behold my mighty
Image
User avatar
huckleberrypie
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby huckleberrypie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:04 am

Jay Haru wrote:ah, but it may require proper drivers... maybe a better would be PandoraOS? or any lightweight Linux distros?

True that, which reminds me of those running Debian or Arch on their Allwinner tablets.
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: You will never know
Contact:

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby ericbazinga » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:51 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Looks like the SoC used isn't custom after all:
http://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-teg ... a-maxwell/

After subsequent processing of the GPU from the Nintendo Switch, we have determined that the processor is the NVIDIA Tegra T210. The T210 CPU features 4 Cortex A57 and 4 Cortex A53 processor cores and the GPU is a GM20B Maxell core.


Barring the bootloader, this could mean that one could theoretically replace the FreeBSD-based operating system with Android, turning it to, well, you know. Heh, I'd laugh if someone did so and installed Drastic for teh lulz.

If I installed Android on my Switch, I'd rather install it in a dual-boot arrangement. That way, if I wanted to, i could still use it as a Switch.
And I think I'd try to rip the OS from a SHIELD TV, and see if that would work. After all, it's got a nice menu layout, game streaming from both PC and GeForce NOW, and it's built to work with a Tegra X1, which, according to my reading, is basically the same thing as the T210.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
Google+ (online often): http://tinyurl.com/jtda5pe

Return to “Off the Wall”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests