How often do you use savestates?

Post whatever!
Fefo
How often do you use savestates?

Post by Fefo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 am

Read TKSIlver's answer on http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4218 and wanted to ramble a bit. It's not like I have many more accounts on emulation boards, anyway.

Nowadays I just create a savestate to test something without affecting my main save or if I must stop playing for some unexpected reason and don't want to lose progress, since locking the phone for long times always led to funky behaviour. That said, I can't remember when I last used the function, and doubt that I made more than 10 on the last year(s).

Might seen odd but I relied heavily on that when I started emulating, which is not uncommon since it's a big feature on it. However it's easy to trivialize most games with nearly zero effort perfect play and finish a game without "learning" anything. This was made more clear when I replayed games that I only emulated, like Parasite Eve 2. Must give a new go to Tales of Phantasia and Brave Fencer Musashi :P
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Jay Haru

Re: How often do you use savestates?

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:45 am

personally, i think the states are stable when the app is stable. what i do is save different timestamps whenever i am faced with a decision within a game. that way i can check the possible outcomes as well as have a backup nearest if something does go down the drain.

I actually almost dont rely on ingame using this. it was only the retardedness of pokemon that forced me and even then, it only took a bit of work to make the savestate issue be resolved on it as well
Behold my mighty

Fefo

Re: How often do you use savestates?

Post by Fefo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:36 pm

True. I lost progression several times by relying on savestates only, and when you save every other minute that's a lot of dices to play.

Outside of number roulette (which can be fixed with better tools) there's no much reason for me on Pokémon. Not breaking post-game also make it a easy choice.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH