Android Emulators' button problem (GBA & SNES)

Post whatever!
Ovog
Android Emulators' button problem (GBA & SNES)

Post by Ovog » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 am

Hello, I'm running into a problem with two different emulators, Snes9x EX+ and My Boy!, so I don't think it's emulator specific related.

The trouble is that when I press any button, then press a direction on the DPAD, it will keep moving in that direction when I release the DPAD.

For example, in megaman, when I press the attack button to charge the buster, and then press left, and release left, it will keep moving left while I'm charging the buster.

I'm using the integrated virtual gamepad, and my phone is a BLU advance 5.0, if that helps.

TkSilver

Re: Android Emulators' button problem (GBA & SNES)

Post by TkSilver » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:34 pm

It sounds like a multitouch issue. You can use the developer menu on your phone or some apps (like antutu tester) to test your multitouch. The only issue is that this will just confirm what I think the issue might be, it won't actually fix using more then one finger too close to annother on your device.

The only fixes that might work are: (in order of severity of the fix)

Pick up a bluetooth gamepad.

Reflash a stock or non stock rom in the hopes multitouch issue is software not hardware related

Buy a new different phone.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:46 am

well, its good that you answered OP's query and I have nothing against it but... this really isn't the right place for this right?
Behold my mighty

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Jay Haru wrote:well, its good that you answered OP's query and I have nothing against it but... this really isn't the right place for this right?
The OP was not rude or entitled and posted it in the off topic section, so I helped out with what I could.

To be fair if this was the xda developer forums there would probably be a few people with some better insights and maybe some better solutions then what I can offer.

Ovog

Post by Ovog » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello, thanks for answering, I did some test, and could confirm what I feared, the phone had a multitouch problem inherent on it. I guess the only solution is buying a new phone, thanks for anwsering!