Multiplayer Solved (Possibly...)

Post whatever!
AgentCPU0
Multiplayer Solved (Possibly...)

Post by AgentCPU0 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:41 pm

I want to discuss a topic I know has been mentioned many times over, and that's the multiplayer aspect. I know Exophase said it's not possible, but I think I figured out a way to make it happen. I myself am not a coder, so I can't just simply send in a script or something. Instead, my suggestion is to seek help. Fast Emulator has both a GBA emulator (called "My Boy!") and a GBC emulator (called "My Old Boy!") available on Play Store. They're the only emulators of their kind that supports Game Link emulation, via either private server or Bluetooth. Because they have that figured out, it's possible that they could help Exophase figure out how to emulate NDS multiplayer. The form of multiplayer I'm specifically talking about is local multiplayer. Emulating an online server, such as for Mario Kart DS, I can understand not being able to support. That'd need maintenance, as well as trying to hide it from Nintendo itself. Not really worth the risk.

TkSilver

Re: Multiplayer Solved (Possibly...)

Post by TkSilver » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:52 pm

What ever they did would not help at all since they were emulating a physical link cable (what the gbc and gba uses) and not a networking protocol (what the nintendo DS uses). If the DS also had a link cable then that could have been used to emulate local multiplayer, but it didn't. PPSSPP would be the closest to the DS that has working multiplayer, but Nintendo and Sony both used different chips and different protocols so in the end it really does not help that much either.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:52 pm

TkSilver wrote:What ever they did would not help at all since they were emulating a physical link cable (what the gbc and gba uses) and not a networking protocol (what the nintendo DS uses). If the DS also had a link cable then that could have been used to emulate local multiplayer, but it didn't. PPSSPP would be the closest to the DS that has working multiplayer, but Nintendo and Sony both used different chips and different protocols so in the end it really does not help that much either.
I think its not the protocol that was different but how said protocol was implemented (as both use the wifi protocol i assume).
Behold my mighty

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Jay Haru wrote: I think its not the protocol that was different but how said protocol was implemented (as both use the wifi protocol i assume).
That is what I ment.