Is Kyousuke753 associated with dev/testing?

Post whatever!
Fefo
Is Kyousuke753 associated with dev/testing?

Post by Fefo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Given his/her rather big forum activity and constant posts on technical issues I wondered that. Constant, knowledgeable presences are great to answer minor questions and direct major problems.

Do not take this as jab Jay Haru, TKSilver (as I remember reading that s/he's a mod too) and everyone involved, things look fine since I'm here and that's because of you. I'm just curious since I'm seeing the name a lot on the latest months.

Thanks everyone.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

ericbazinga

Re: Is Kyousuke753 associated with dev/testing?

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Fefo wrote:Given his/her rather big forum activity and constant posts on technical issues I wondered that. Constant, knowledgeable presences are great to answer minor questions and direct major problems.

Do not take this as jab Jay Haru, TKSilver (as I remember reading that s/he's a mod too) and everyone involved, things look fine since I'm here and that's because of you. I'm just curious since I'm seeing the name a lot on the latest months.

Thanks everyone.
Nope. I know him well, he's definitely not part of the staff. In fact, he joined 2 months ago.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm just a tech savvy noob...I like to help out where I can...ATM I'm testing Pokemon Ranger because someone reported a bug in the game...usually when I play the game I have zero issues...I'm active a lot, always checking up on this forum every 2 hours or so and I never miss a unread post because you know I got a lot of free time on my hands after work.

I'm not surprised you'd think that with the number of people that I've tried to assist with their minor game issues.

90% of my post is from Off the Wall and 5% in General and 5% in Help and Compatibility.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:38 am

well, there really isnt an official test team. it just happened that we had been helpin exo/lordus when the app launched and provided help on some game issues.

as for kyo, as long as e helps and not spam/troll, its good for someone fresh helpin out esp. pokemon questions as the devs and i are rather averse from it (if you noticed, i am quite hatin the poketards that keep comin here for things like cheats)
Behold my mighty

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:19 am

Think of me as a bot Fefo...or more like a plague that won't go away simply put.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:41 am

If you ignore or remove all the where do I illegally obtain rom questions. And the off topic section.

50-70% (or possibly more) of questions on emulator sites are common sense, in the Faq sections for that emulator, or have been asked in annother thread.

20% are technical questions that have more to do with the device then the emulator (see controller questions and device performance)

And the remaining 10% are questions that really need exo or lordus to answer. (Like new glitches that that some new update caused)

Kyousukenis a very useful filter that tries to help answer a lot of the 90% or so questions that don't need a dev to answer, which makes it easier for the devs to answer the rest and not take up all their time answering why wifi doesn't exist yet and pokemon migration questions.

But kyousuke is not the only one who does this. In mymlittle over a year on this forum there have been many people I have seen do the same thing, and honestly this is one of the best emulator forums I have ever hd the honor to be a user on.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:50 am

I'm basically a tool/utility that functions to answer minor questions that can be solved easily. Done

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:09 am

I noticed some kind of meme moment at a point but it was thankfully short. Well, help is always good and you'll learn emulation quirks by osmosis if anything.

Popular games always attract the best and the worst, and on that Pokémon is very ubiquous on Nintendo handhelds. Unless you activelly hate and gimp the game, there's no surprise that you feel lukewarm after seeing so many recurring questions. At least there should be lots of reports so you can fix those problems :P

Cheats and what else aren't directly related with emulation, so no shame in not caring ┐(‘~` )┌

---

This 90% can also be solved easily using your favorite search engine nowadays, so it might be human nature or whatever to ask first :)

The forum is really great as a place where you can talk with the main developers; not more than once I had a very specific question which I couldn't solve after hours of research.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:57 pm

Most of my information is based off Google searches but it's better to ask the community for a direct answer solving it in 1 swift go.

And I love it when I see a new post/thread it's always refreshing.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:01 am

Kyousuke753 wrote:And I love it when I see a new post/thread it's always refreshing.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.