Spare change in my bank what to do? UPDATE

Post whatever!
Kyousuke753
Spare change in my bank what to do? UPDATE

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:34 am

So I decided to purchase PPSSPP Gold so that makes 2 paid emulators on my new smartphone so far Drastic runs fine on my new smartphone but I have to lower the settings like low res and 16 bit rendering and turning on high res automatically lags both sound and fps in games I play but low graphics mode is fine with me i still get 60 fps but someone should really make a thread or guide to get maximum best performance for Drastic... my old phone was rooted and over clocked to 1.2GHZ while my new phone is not rooted and clocked at 1GHZ. I tried all the filters but none suit me because they are not crisp and sharp as High Res 3d Rendering I apologize to the developers for saying this because I know they worked really hard to make it...but

my new phone specs are:
System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 8916
Processor: Quad-core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex A53, 64-bit
Graphics processor: Adreno 306
System memory: 1024 MB RAM

compared to my old phone specs:
System chip: Mediatek MT6732M
Processor:Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
Graphics processor: Mali-T760MP2
System memory: 1024 MB RAM
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

TkSilver

Re: Spare change in my bank what to do? UPDATE

Post by TkSilver » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:38 am

I thought I recognized those phones specs on the ppsspp forum...

There really is not a performance thread for DraStic because there really are not that many options you can do to DraStic.

Shaders only really effect performance if you try to run one that your GPU can not handle well since the GPU in DraStic does not at this time do much besides drawing the screens and shaders (it might handle the ui overlay but I am not sure about that Lordus should know)

Multi threaded rendering - can provide modest to high performance gains on quad core and dual core phones... though more on quad core ones.... at the cost of some stability and glitches in some games (if you crash or have screens swapped please undo this option first)

16 bit rendering can speed up some phones at the cost of immage quality

High resolution rendering -- this is a performance sink hole and should only be used if your device can run DraStic normally with maxed performance and 0 frame skipping. Disable for massive performance gains or enable for massive performance penalties.

And finally Frame skipping-- this skips some frames from being rendered. This can increase perceived performance at the cost of some input lag, loss of frames and possible small glitches depending on the game.

And really that is kinda it In terms of performance though there is one I guess you could call it a special fix kinda of option it is under advanced and is called [sleep in rendering thread] this can according to lordus (I believe he wrote the instructions) increase performance on Adreno GPUs in lollipop so test if it performs better with this option on or off.

But honestly the biggest advantage both of your phones have is that they are low end enough to have 480x854 resolution screens and nothing increases performance like lower resolution. Lower resolution requires less GPU/CPU to output to and hides inperfections better the the best anti aliasing

Btw all of this with better explinations then mine can be found in the instructions found in the program itself if you click the question mark in the top right corner of the main screen (before you select a rom to play)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as PPSSPP gold goes 2 small warnings
1. Most PSP games themselves on a PSP are not 60fps. Some have 60fps parts (like in menus) and then play at 30 or 20 or 45 fps in other parts pf the games. There are some cheat codes to set games to 60fps or sometimes changing the internal psp clock will change the fps, but these are really ment for people using ppsspp on a computer not an android device (possible exception for the nvidia shield tablet and tv)

2 PPSSPP requires a lot better GPU then drastic (which besides the shaders I don't think really cares that much) and odds are you wont be playing heavy 3d games like gods eater burst, phantasy star portable 2, or others like these at native 30 fps without some serious graphical comprimises, frame skipping, or both. But you should be able to handle some of the better optimized games and some of the 2d games better.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:42 am

Yes I just made an account on ppsspp forums http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=18877 but no one answered...I'll stay on Drastic forums more people plus I'm going to abandon my account there.

Which shader is the closest to High Res 3D Rendering? I tried all but there are still jaggered lines...though FXAA HQ and HQ2X are pretty much 90% close to High Res 3D Rendering in my perspective. All shaders work fine even if I didn't choose the performance wise choice stated below.

I know about the Help section in the Drastic app but it's not clear enough on information. As for the Sleep in Render option I have tested it with High Res 3D Rendering turned on and it lags...with it off I don't see any FPS difference because I've already set it to 16 bit rendering, disable 3D marking edges and in advanced I ticked Use low res UI textures. I chose the performance wise choices

I purchased PPSSPP Gold so I can play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite heavily 3D game but I saw a thread on PPSSPP forums to boost performance also I can fiddle in the app settings.

I really don't want to root my phone because it's too much of a hassle and I want to save battery while compromising good performance, I've disabled battery saving features and pretty much optimized my new phone for the best performance.

Also I like it when people explain it on the forums because the screen is easy to read on my laptop screen size. So thank you Tksilver :)
Last edited by Kyousuke753 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:57 am

I would have answered you there bit there was little to no point, but it is not dead it just kinda comes and goes in cycles with most questions answered with in the day. But yea it is not a place to hold a fast paced conversation.

As far as shaders go if you download the shaders.zip from the shaders thread I personally like the SABR optomized with/without the lcd 3x filter myself, but honestly nothing is the equal of more resolution.