To Fefo regarding controllers (ps you have pm's disabled)

Post whatever!
TkSilver
To Fefo regarding controllers (ps you have pm's disabled)

Post by TkSilver » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Regarding the Red samurai V2 controller I have mentioned in a few posts:

It is really dependent on where you live. If you live in a country with gamestop and you have a physical store or hopefully a few around you then you can probably find one for less then $10, mine cost me $7.49 or so. If you do not then there are other good alternatives like the 8bitdo controllers which run around $30-40 usd and are far superior to both ipega and or moga and are cheeper then nVidia's controller. All of those options are made specifically for android and will offer less issues then trying to force a 1st party controller like a Xbox or PlayStation controller to work in a system it was not designed for.

Fefo

Re: To Fefo regarding controllers (ps you have pm's disabled

Post by Fefo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Oops, thanks. I fumbled with the preferences long ago and dunno what I did, quotes also don't work. I'll try to make things work later.

Most of those shops don't exist here, at least on any reasonable distance (8bitdos are also hard to come by). I'm asking because it hard to know if they are available physically on US, or where you live; so far I only found it online either out of stock GameStop or for frickin $70s on Amazon. If they do, I'll try to get a friend to buy me one.

I got to test both an iPega and a DS4 some time ago. The iPega worked beautifuly on the phone I tested (didn't test on mine), but I'm picky about its controllers, and I run into a bug on DS4 which the controller works fine for 30 seconds, and then lag goes sky-high. I found a said fix online, but still couldn't retest.

If the fix works and I can use it nicely with DS4Windows I'll look forward to pick one myself, but if I could get one of there Red Samurais it would be perfect, price and "genericness"-wise.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:11 pm

Gamestop stopped making the controller that is why I said it is all about location since if you can find a physical store that still has stock they are dirt cheep. Online they are sold out (from gamestop, or sold at a massive price gouge) since they are good controllers. I bought mine from a physical store.

As far as sony controllers go I know that sony used some odd things with the bluetooth on the PS3 controller which is why some phones work fine with it and some just explode and throw up exceptions. I have no clue about the PS4 controllers, Sony might have done something standard (but knowing them odds are it will work with some configurations of phones/computers but not others for arbitrary reasons only sony engineers know).

As far as 8bitdo and the nes30 pro or the fc30 pro (depending on your prefrence in colors) (the pro versions chosen for the more universal controller layout of 4 face buttons 4 shoulder buttons 2 analog sticks and a dpad to give you enough controls for almost any emulator/game) are sold many places online. If you go to their official site they will lead you to a slightly higher priced "official" online retailer for your region. Or you can just go to gearbest.com who ship globally and regularly have or restock the popular controllers. They are getting easier to find since the Hong Kong (I believe) based company has seemed to ramp up production now that their well mad controller has become massively popular.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks. Price gouging is real, which make any "non-standard" controller absurdly priced after exchange rate, tax and whatever. Default controllers mean fiddling by default, but as I want a cross-platform solution this might be a zero-sum. That and if any of those uncommon controllers go bad, I just threw money away.

I'll continue my quest for the perfect controller. May the star of poverty guide me.

Thanks for your suggestions TKSilver.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH