How to watch Pokemon XYZ?

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
How to watch Pokemon XYZ?

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:51 pm

As a huge fan of the Pokemon anime, I want to start watching Pokemon XYZ right away. The only problem is, I have no idea how. The show is aired on Cartoon Network every Saturday (and remains their only non-derpy show), but I don't have that channel. I've checked Pokemon TV (my #1 source for watching the show) and tried downloading the Cartoon Network app (the show wasn't even listed). Both didn't have it. I can't even buy the episode on Google Play.

Any ideas?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Re: How to watch Pokemon XYZ?

Post by TkSilver » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:30 am

Google.... no seriously I just did it and found many many results that worked including youtube results. I would recommended one of the many anime sites though that show up over youtube.

There are also cartoon/anime video plugins for kodi (google is again your friend) that have pokemon

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:52 am

TkSilver wrote:Google.... no seriously I just did it and found many many results that worked including youtube results. I would recommended one of the many anime sites though that show up over youtube.

There are also cartoon/anime video plugins for kodi (google is again your friend) that have pokemon
Thanks but all I found was the Japanese dub with english subs- and i'd rather watch the English version. (I like being able to hear and understand what the characters are saying.)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:02 am

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:Google.... no seriously I just did it and found many many results that worked including youtube results. I would recommended one of the many anime sites though that show up over youtube.

Thanks but all I found was the Japanese dub with english subs- and i'd rather watch the English version. (I like being able to hear and understand what the characters are saying.)
Well, most of those grey-to-black anime streaming sites typically have their stuff fansubbed as dubs tend to have a rather sour note amongst purists which holds true to my opinion - it just sounds too half-hearted to me and to most other people.

Which reminds me... Sure, most Filipinos seem content with Tagalog-dubbed versions of films and other foreign works, but I can't help but cringe at how provincial and tacky they sound, not to mention that the frequent use of code-switching makes the point of dubbing them more or less moot as they couldn't translate most of the jargon well especially for science-fiction films.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:17 am

Personally for some anime I prefer subs, but with that being said well dubbed anime are getting more common not less. I think studios that do dubs (at least english ones) have started to learn how picky the community can be about these things. To be fair though I have heard some excellent english dubs (great cast, well translated, and perfectly synced to the animated mouths and actions) and some members of the anime community shoot them down for being a dub anyways.