Apparently you can run a DS emulator on Android Wear...

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Apparently you can run a DS emulator on Android Wear...

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:28 pm

I found this cool video of this guy who got a DS emulator (NdsForDroid, so you know it sucks) to run on an Android Wear watch. Here's the link to an article about it- http://phandroid.com/2015/09/21/you-can ... tch-video/
Pretty cool, huh? I wonder if you could do this with DraStic...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Re: Apparently you can run a DS emulator on Android Wear...

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Someone needs to make an Android Wear device with a bunch of tiny physical gamepad buttons. Something that resembles one of those old 80s calculator watches.

I wonder how much work has to be done to allow apps to work on Android Wear. I don't think we're going to do it for DraStic any time soon even if it is easy, because I don't think people would be very happy with that purchase.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Exophase wrote:Someone needs to make an Android Wear device with a bunch of tiny physical gamepad buttons. Something that resembles one of those old 80s calculator watches.

I wonder how much work has to be done to allow apps to work on Android Wear. I don't think we're going to do it for DraStic any time soon even if it is easy, because I don't think people would be very happy with that purchase.
I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a little hacking wizardry in order to get an app like that running.
Apparently the guy's really good at it, cause he's also successfully ran Minecraft PE, Doom, and Windows 95 on Android Watch. If you ever add Android Watch support to DraStic, you'll definitely want to recruit him :-P

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:24 am

ericbazinga wrote:I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a little hacking wizardry in order to get an app like that running.
Apparently the guy's really good at it, cause he's also successfully ran Minecraft PE, Doom, and Windows 95 on Android Watch. If you ever add Android Watch support to DraStic, you'll definitely want to recruit him :-P
Are you sure there's much to it? In what way is Android Wear really different from any other Android device with a low resolution screen?

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:22 am

Exophase wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:I'm pretty sure you'd have to do a little hacking wizardry in order to get an app like that running.
Are you sure there's much to it? In what way is Android Wear really different from any other Android device with a low resolution screen?
I dunno, it just looks cool. Id buy it (If i owned an Android Wear watch :-P )

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:33 am

Exophase wrote:
its basically just for bragging rights at this point until you get to go holowatch
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:05 am

Hey you know what would be cool? An app for Android Wear that emulated those old Nelsonic Game Watches. Anyone remember those?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:43 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Exophase wrote:
its basically just for bragging rights at this point until you get to go holowatch
Or for those Dick Tracy wannabes for that matter.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Neptune Pine

Its a full android phone in a watch... add a BT controller and there you go.
Tombe fair though they are $313.00 to $450.00 to buy and they only have a SD S4 A5 dual core chipset so expensive and not great for drastic but for a nes emulator it is a fine watch....... if you really really want to do that.

Their next device looks much much more promising though. A wearable phone with screens that can connect to it to show content.