Rockstar Games bans FiveM authors from GTA V

Post whatever!
huckleberrypie
Rockstar Games bans FiveM authors from GTA V

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:09 pm

Thought I might share this given how Nintendo has acted pretty much the same towards emulator authors before:
http://kotaku.com/rockstar-has-explaine ... 1723366248
The FiveM project is an unauthorized alternate multiplayer service that contains code designed to facilitate piracy. Our policy on such violations of our terms of service are clear, and the individuals involved in its creation have had their Social Club accounts suspended.
A ban has been imposed on several mod authors following the release of FiveM, an alternative multiplayer implementation for Grand Theft Auto V. While it is understandable as it competed with the official online component (a la Sony and Bleem), many saw this as an example of Rockstar's toxic relationship towards modders and the direction Take-Two's subsidiary is heading.

TkSilver

Re: Rockstar Games bans FiveM authors from GTA V

Post by TkSilver » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Let me fix that quote for you.
The FiveM project is an unauthorized alternate multiplayer service that contains code designed to work better then our own. Our policy on such violations of our ego are clear, and the individuals involved in its creation have had their Social Club accounts suspended.
Either allow all mods or ban them outright. Standing somewhere in the middle will just get you shot.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:04 pm

TkSilver wrote:Let me fix that quote for you.
The FiveM project is an unauthorized alternate multiplayer service that contains code designed to work better then our own. Our policy on such violations of our ego are clear, and the individuals involved in its creation have had their Social Club accounts suspended.
Either allow all mods or ban them outright. Standing somewhere in the middle will just get you shot.
"That I could have not said better myself," :P

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:49 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Thought I might share this given how Nintendo has acted pretty much the same towards emulator authors before:
The FiveM project is an unauthorized alternate multiplayer service that contains code designed to facilitate piracy. Our policy on such violations of our terms of service are clear, and the individuals involved in its creation have had their Social Club accounts suspended.
A ban has been imposed on several mod authors following the release of FiveM, an alternative multiplayer implementation for Grand Theft Auto V. While it is understandable as it competed with the official online component (a la Sony and Bleem), many saw this as an example of Rockstar's toxic relationship towards modders and the direction Take-Two's subsidiary is heading.
I know GTAV modders with multiple xbox live accounts and so on forth for other services. Its really not going to stop them.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:54 am

kaikun97 wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:Thought I might share this given how Nintendo has acted pretty much the same towards emulator authors before:
I know GTAV modders with multiple xbox live accounts and so on forth for other services. Its really not going to stop them.
And it's yet another example of R* shooting themselves in the foot again.