3DS Emulator- Citra

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: 3DS Emulator- Citra

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:59 pm

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:So at this point what do we do? Now seems like a good time to begin making the app, but lots of other areas still need discussing (like special features).
The best time to make a 3ds emulator is when nintendo releasesnthe 4ds or whatever the 3ds successor will be. Generally speaking most emulator developers really like the hardware they are emulating and do not like to do things that hurt the sales of it. Though I guess that idea has been decreasing in the past few years.
Well, then I guess we're discussing the emulator more.
I think the first thing we need to discuss is if we're going to either port Citra (we'd need to talk to their team though), or if we're going to start from scratch.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:28 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:So at this point what do we do? Now seems like a good time to begin making the app, but lots of other areas still need discussing (like special features).
The best time to make a 3ds emulator is when nintendo releasesnthe 4ds or whatever the 3ds successor will be. Generally speaking most emulator developers really like the hardware they are emulating and do not like to do things that hurt the sales of it. Though I guess that idea has been decreasing in the past few years.
Well, then I guess we're discussing the emulator more.
I think the first thing we need to discuss is if we're going to either port Citra (we'd need to talk to their team though), or if we're going to start from scratch.
who is 'we'?
Behold my mighty

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:23 am

Jay Haru wrote:who is 'we'?
Well, me and kaikun97 were discussing speeds on such an emulator, and I guess I jumped the gun. Sorry.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.