Suggest Potential DraStic Features Here!

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: Suggest Potential DraStic Features Here!

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:24 am

also, this kinda reminds me of an old nintendo vomit inducing game... virtualboy i think....
Virtual Boy...
I got it!!! A Virtual Boy emu for Cardboard!!!!
Thanks Jay Haru!

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:45 am

ericbazinga wrote:
also, this kinda reminds me of an old nintendo vomit inducing game... virtualboy i think....
Virtual Boy...
I got it!!! A Virtual Boy emu for Cardboard!!!!
Thanks Jay Haru!
Inb4 increasing cases of photosensitive seizures. :p

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 am

huckleberrypie wrote:Inb4 increasing cases of photosensitive seizures. :p
Not sure what you mean by that...

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:59 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
Because aside from eating batteries, being the most unportable "handheld system" ever, and being one of the worst selling systems ever.

It also caused dizziness, nausea, and headaches. It was predicted by scientists to also possibly cause permanent brain damage.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 am

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:
Because aside from eating batteries, being the most unportable "handheld system" ever, and being one of the worst selling systems ever.

It also caused dizziness, nausea, and headaches. It was predicted by scientists to also possibly cause permanent brain damage.
Not sure a Virtual Boy emulator for Google Cardboard would cause all that, but you DO have a point.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:38 am

first sentence prolly not, second sentence, most prolly
Behold my mighty

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:39 pm

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:

Not sure how a Red LED powered 3D screen can cause permanent brain damage (or how it causes any damage the brain). Surely staring at red all day would only damage the retina

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:20 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Not sure how a Red LED powered 3D screen can cause permanent brain damage (or how it causes any damage the brain). Surely staring at red all day would only damage the retina
Possibly in the same way an episode of a children's cartoon caused seizures in some children. There is also the McCollough effect that can mess with your ability to see colors for up to months after.

Both are effects on a brain from visual stimuli. So how could red led harm the brain.... no clue, but ppl did study just that.

Sir Couve

Post by Sir Couve » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:21 pm

New user here!
I have a suggestion regarding the layout costumization.

- Instead of a bar that determines size and position of things (screen and buttons) use something like percentages (with a possibility to input the number with the keyboard).

I played a while in my friend's tablet (I don't have an Android device right now) and I couldn't get the hang of the layout. The pre existing configs were bad since the screens vere too small or the keys were overlapsing the touch screen so I thought of creating a custom preset layout.
I had trouble centering the screens and giving them a equal size and I also couldn't position the keys where I wanted them to be because the touch interface isn't easy to manage by the milimeter.
I also had trouble when I accidentally put a key under de box to enable and disable a key because I couldn't move it like that. I wanted the key right there but with the current layout personalization tools it is impossible.

Ah, the "edge marking" option (I believe it is called like that, I don't have my friend's device with me right now so I can't check but it is the option under Video that enables/disables the "black stroke" in characters and some things in the map) doesn't keep its status as unchecked if we restart the app. I don't know it he is using and updated version or a old version but I believe you can check if that problem exists easily with your tests.

Btw, congratulations, great app! I will buy it for sure when I get an Android device myself.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:34 pm

TkSilver wrote:Possibly in the same way an episode of a children's cartoon caused seizures in some children.
BTW that was some episode of Pokemon that caused those seizures. After that, that episode was never broadcast again. (Read it on Wikipedia once)