Trying To Find DS Covers

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Trying To Find DS Covers

Post by ericbazinga » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm

So, I have some DS games that don't have cases- just the cartridge. I found some cheap DS cases from an electronic store near my house that was going out of business (10 cents a case, what a STEAL!), but I wanted to get covers for them-- front and back.
I have 7 DS games that don't have covers. I found covers for two of these online, but I couldn't find covers for the rest of them, and I was hoping you guys could help.

The remaining five games are:
1-2. Atari's Greatest Hits Volumes 1 and 2
3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes
5. Steel Horizon

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help me find front-and-back covers for these games online. Or, if you own one of these games, could you please scan the cover.

I hope you guys will help me.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

TkSilver

Re: Trying To Find DS Covers

Post by TkSilver » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Check gamefaqs.com for the ds game you want the cover of. The image section for any individual game should have a cover image. Unfortunatly they are usually a front scan and a back scan not one long scan like a real cover is. So some minor image editing may be required.

steel horizon example

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:10 am

TkSilver wrote:Check gamefaqs.com for the ds game you want the cover of. The image section for any individual game should have a cover image. Unfortunatly they are usually a front scan and a back scan not one long scan like a real cover is. So some minor image editing may be required.

steel horizon example
Thank you TkSilver, I was able to make a full cover for Steel Horizon. I STILL can't find front-and-back covers for the other four games though, and I've gone to several other cover sites, with no luck.

If anyone on these forums has one of these games, could you PLEASE scan the cover? Thank you
ericbazinga wrote: 1-2. Atari's Greatest Hits Volumes 1 and 2
3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:19 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:Check gamefaqs.com for the ds game you want the cover of. The image section for any individual game should have a cover image. Unfortunatly they are usually a front scan and a back scan not one long scan like a real cover is. So some minor image editing may be required.

steel horizon example
Thank you TkSilver, I was able to make a full cover for Steel Horizon. I STILL can't find front-and-back covers for the other four games though, and I've gone to several other cover sites, with no luck.

If anyone on these forums has one of these games, could you PLEASE scan the cover? Thank you
3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes
no luck with http://www.thecoverproject.net/ ?

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:40 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:

steel horizon example

3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes
no luck with http://www.thecoverproject.net/ ?
Nope. :(

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Thank you TkSilver, I was able to make a full cover for Steel Horizon. I STILL can't find front-and-back covers for the other four games though, and I've gone to several other cover sites, with no luck.

3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes
AGHV1 moby games

AGHV2 moby games

3. Corvette Evolution GT

4. MySims SkyHeroes - front cover only (better then nothing)

I found full front and back covers in less then 10 mins using gamefaqs (which I told you about...) and google image search. I don't mind helping out, but please put in some effort next time too.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:30 pm

TkSilver wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:Thank you TkSilver, I was able to make a full cover for Steel Horizon. I STILL can't find front-and-back covers for the other four games though, and I've gone to several other cover sites, with no luck.

3. Corvette Evolution GT
4. MySims SkyHeroes
AGHV1 moby games

AGHV2 moby games

3. Corvette Evolution GT

I found full front and back covers in less then 10 mins using gamefaqs (which I told you about...) and google image search. I don't mind helping out, but please put in some effort next time too.
I was wanting US box art, but I guess this is better than nothing. Thanks anyway though :)

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:51 pm

ericbazinga wrote:
TkSilver wrote:
AGHV1 moby games

AGHV2 moby games

3. Corvette Evolution GT

I was wanting US box art, but I guess this is better than nothing. Thanks anyway though :)
I just decided to make my OWN covers, since I couldn't find real ones. I made custom spines, found front and back covers from US (some back covers are EU though), and I'm ALMOST done.

I just need the back cover for MySims SkyHeroes (US or EU, either will do), and then I will post a gallery of my custom covers. :)
EDIT: Found it! All done. Thanks guys :)
Last edited by ericbazinga on Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

My Custom Cover Gallery!
All of these covers I put together myself, although I couldn't have done it without TkSilver's very helpful links.
So, I decided to show off the covers I made. These were made using US and EU scans, as well as some pieces I whipped up myself using online custom-cover templates. My Gallery will actually be 2 posts long, as I can only fit 3 attachments per post.
Thanks to everyone who helped, this couldn't be done without you. And if you'd like to use one of these covers, just go right ahead.
Attachments
atari 2custom.jpg
Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 2. Both front and back covers are US, and the spine is custom.
atari 2custom.jpg (193.48KiB)Viewed 14053 times
atari 1 custom.jpg
Atari's Greatest Hits Volume 1. The front cover is US, the back is EU, and the spine is custom.
atari 1 custom.jpg (199.63KiB)Viewed 14053 times
steel horizon.jpg
Steel Horizon. This was stitched together using scans I found on gamefaqs.com.
steel horizon.jpg (145.62KiB)Viewed 14053 times
Last edited by ericbazinga on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:56 am

My Cover Gallery Vol.2
Attachments
mysims_custom.jpg
MySims SkyHeroes. I FINALLY found back-cover scans for this game, both US and EU. I chose EU because it was a better-quality scan than the US one. The front cover is US, the back is EU, and the spine is custom.
mysims_custom.jpg (115KiB)Viewed 14041 times
corvette evolution gt custom.jpg
Corvette Evolution GT. The front cover is US, the back cover is EU (and doesn't have an ounce of English on it!), and the spine is custom.
corvette evolution gt custom.jpg (143.55KiB)Viewed 14053 times