So, E3.

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
So, E3.

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:47 am

Anyone looking forward to E3? I know I am. (Just wondering...)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Jay Haru

Re: So, E3.

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:41 pm

ericbazinga wrote:Anyone looking forward to E3? I know I am. (Just wondering...)
unless they show something great and not last years rehash...
Behold my mighty

beeflot

Post by beeflot » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:33 pm

I'm waiting for Fallout 4.
Ahhhhh, November. :p

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm a HUGE Nintendo fan, so of course I watched the Nintendo World Championships yesterday (and it was AWESOME), and I can't wait for their Digital Event video tomorrow.
(A visual interpretation of my excitement: http://i.imgur.com/CmlfXNb.gif)

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

reeve

Post by reeve » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:27 am

Final Fantasy VII remake. It's actually happening. Unbelievable.

Edit: Also, the Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One seems quite impressive from a technical point of view. I wonder if there's any "trick" to it. Although the ingame "Xbox dashboard" appears to be emulated, I bet they ported whatever was needed from the Xbox 360 OS to the Xbox One to avoid emulation and only emulate the actual game.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 am

reeve wrote:Final Fantasy VII remake. It's actually happening. Unbelievable.

Edit: Also, the Xbox 360 emulation on Xbox One seems quite impressive from a technical point of view. I wonder if there's any "trick" to it. Although the ingame "Xbox dashboard" appears to be emulated, I bet they ported whatever was needed from the Xbox 360 OS to the Xbox One to avoid emulation and only emulate the actual game.
FF7 was quite a surprise, though whenever I think of it I think of the NES bootleg demake.

As for 360 emulation, that would be one heck of an HLE going on there. Even if the Xbox One has more than a teraflop of computing power it still ain't enough to emulate the 360 accurately.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:46 am

reeve wrote:Final Fantasy VII remake. It's actually happening. Unbelievable.
I would be very happy if it actually happens and is not another time that it morphs into FF7-2 or FF7 the prequel or just becomes a PS4 tech demo and sony fails to release it. I hope it happens but I will not trust that it will happen. If it does it will also be the first ff game in a while with a decent plot and character development with gameplay not fmv.
huckleberrypie wrote: As for 360 emulation, that would be one heck of an HLE going on there. Even if the Xbox One has more than a teraflop of computing power it still ain't enough to emulate the 360 accurately.

I may be wrong bit doesn't it depend on how much the xbox360 games are coded to the exact hardware and how much they are coded to say a modified version of directX. Then it would move from hardware emulation to OS modification and integration. With Microsoft having the code to the xbox 360's firmware/os adapting it to the xbox one would be easier for them. This may be possible for Microsoft... Sony on the other hand used such a bizarre hardware configuration for both the ps2 and ps3 it is a small wonder that the ps3 can run as many ps2 games as it can. And the ps4 should have to use pure emulation to run any past games.