Doom 3 on Android by NVIDIA and other things

Post whatever!
Android Fan
Doom 3 on Android by NVIDIA and other things

Post by Android Fan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 am

Doom 3 BFG Edition is out on Android!!!
Ofc Nvidia devices only has anyone tried it yet?
Half life 2, ep1 and portal were released on nvidias too and soon resident evil 5, metal gear solid revengeance, crysis 3 (lol) and other games will join the android community :D

Makes me want to buy an nvidia console but is there 1 in the size of a normal smartphone?
does it run drastic ds and ppsspp full speed?
And does the device acts like normal androids?

TkSilver

Re: Doom 3 on Android by NVIDIA and other things

Post by TkSilver » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Android Fan wrote:Doom 3 BFG Edition is out on Android!!!
Ofc Nvidia devices only has anyone tried it yet?
Half life 2, ep1 and portal were released on nvidias too and soon resident evil 5, metal gear solid revengeance, crysis 3 (lol) and other games will join the android community :D

Makes me want to buy an nvidia console but is there 1 in the size of a normal smartphone?
does it run drastic ds and ppsspp full speed?
And does the device acts like normal androids?
If you want to be able to play the soon to be released titles then you will probably need more then the tegra 4 and will want either a tegra k1 or x1 product and basically that is the shield tablet and shield tv.

There are tegra 4 devices in the shape of a phone but performance suffers on the latest tefra only software.

The main thing Tegra chips have going fo them is laptop class graphics chips (or as close as an android device gets), good graphics drivers, and an all around solid chipset. DraStic does not care what gpu your phone has (except for shaders) so a k1 will act like a 2.3GHz quadcore and the X1 will perform like ??? (No solid specs on processor speeds that I could find). Any emulator that uses opengles or relies on gpu power will see speed increases.

Lastly a shield tablet/shield tv are an android tablet and android tv. They can stream games from your pc if you have a specific gpu in your computer and they can run higher fidelity games then an average android device but in the end they are the same as any android device with the same strengths and weaknesses.

Android Fan

Post by Android Fan » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:51 pm

hmm ty for the info!!!
i think nvidia tv is what i need
maybe i wait a year or two maybe nvidia releases a normal phone with even better specs than all those current devices they have

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Oh I did find out that the shield tv uses a big.little with A-57 quad core clocked at 2.0GHz and the A-53 little cores are still unknown.

As far as nvidia goes they do not make phones... well they have not yet and they show no signs of doing so... also that extra gpu power does come with a price tag of extra heat and extea power draw (not that the shield tv cares how much power is drawn). So high end nvidia chipsets are really designed for tablets/set top boxes not phone sizes thar is why that made the tegra 4 and tegra 4ti (lower power tegra 4)