Google Cardboard Functionality?

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Google Cardboard Functionality?

Post by ericbazinga » Fri May 29, 2015 8:12 pm

Google Cardboard (https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/) is a low-cost VR headset that uses a phone to create the 3D effects. I was thinking about how you would program for it, and I realized it would be SUPER easy to make DraStic compatible. Since the headset basically just shows each eye the same image (just tilted off a bit), creating stereoscopic 3D, all we'd need to do to make DraStic compatible is make some new layouts- one with two top screens and one with two bottom screens. This wouldn't be practical for a good amount of DS games (unfortunately), but other games- like Mario Kart or Animal Crossing, among other games- would be GREAT for Cardboard- with the added goodness of seeing these great games in full 3D. The games would need to be controlled using a Bluetooth controller, though.
Maybe? :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

ericbazinga

Re: Google Cardboard Functionality?

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:42 am

ericbazinga wrote:Google Cardboard (https://www.google.com/get/cardboard/) is a low-cost VR headset that uses a phone to create the 3D effects. I was thinking about how you would program for it, and I realized it would be SUPER easy to make DraStic compatible. Since the headset basically just shows each eye the same image (just tilted off a bit), creating stereoscopic 3D, all we'd need to do to make DraStic compatible is make some new layouts- one with two top screens and one with two bottom screens. This wouldn't be practical for a good amount of DS games (unfortunately), but other games- like Mario Kart or Animal Crossing, among other games- would be GREAT for Cardboard- with the added goodness of seeing these great games in full 3D. The games would need to be controlled using a Bluetooth controller, though.
Maybe? :D
Hey, it's been a week since I posted, and nobody replied. :cry: PLEASE post a reply, I would LOVE to hear your opinions regarding my idea... :D

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.