Play! PS2 emulator Android port can now boot some titles

Post whatever!
ericbazinga
Re: Play! PS2 emulator Android port can now boot some titles

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Exophase wrote:
zxcvbad wrote:Exophase, I'm away now so can't really make a video, but I tried DraStic yesterday and CPU load is pretty much on par with Play! on Nexus 9. I'd say it's identical and it mostly uses 1.5Ghz frequency (that's with enabled Hi-res, no frameskip and Multi-Threaded rendering on). The situation is much different on S4 Pro, there you have frequencies jumping on all 4 cores, some cores runs @486mhz and others @1.2Ghz, I never seen it got maximized to 1.5Ghz. I wonder if it has something to do with specifics of Denver's architecture which is IOE vs OoOE on S4 Pro
The difference here is that on Denver the CPU cores most likely physically can't be clocked separately. This is true on most SoCs. It's not true on S4 Pro.

In your Play! video it looks like the core clock is between 2.1 to 2.3GHz most of the time, and of course it's nowhere close to full speed. It's actually a good thing if the CPU load is pretty high if there's a moderate constant workload going on, that means that it's appropriately lowering the clock speed. Generally it's better for power consumption to have a lower clock speed with less time spent idle than the reverse.
Hey can I get the link to that video?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Android Fan

Re: Play! PS2 emulator Android port can now boot some titles

Post by Android Fan » Fri May 22, 2015 9:29 pm

nice lets ps3 and ps4 soon too 8D