Jrpg recommendations anyone?

Post whatever!
TkSilver
Re: Jrpg recommendations anyone?

Post by TkSilver » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Jay Haru wrote:Why in blazes is Harvest Moon not in this list? DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU LOT! >:D

you can also add inazuma 11 on the list
I would recommend Harvest Moon in a thread about simulation games on the DS, PS1, PS2, PSP and the various nintendo systems it came on, but kind of like zelda I don't really consider it a RPG per se.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 pm

What I played guys/gals :), my backlog/time ratio is unforgiving :/

TWEWY DS vs mobile: from what I gather some changes on gameply weren't for the best. Dual play is amazing, even if (or either because :D) hard. Also what reeve said: from my recent hearty rant you'll notice I'm very picky when spending my money, so no cash for lazy/scummy developers.

Tactics/HM: I could never get into those games. The only SRPG I played was FM and I played it "solo", I suck at making choices and management. Games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing feel aimless to me, and I end up dropping them. Rune Factory 3 (dunno how much of HM it does have) entertained me more, but I'm a completionist and that game would be my demise.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Fefo wrote:What I played guys/gals :), my backlog/time ratio is unforgiving :/

TWEWY DS vs mobile: from what I gather some changes on gameply weren't for the best. Dual play is amazing, even if (or either because :D) hard. Also what reeve said: from my recent hearty rant you'll notice I'm very picky when spending my money, so no cash for lazy/scummy developers.

Tactics/HM: I could never get into those games. The only SRPG I played was FM and I played it "solo", I suck at making choices and management. Games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing feel aimless to me, and I end up dropping them. Rune Factory 3 (dunno how much of HM it does have) entertained me more, but I'm a completionist and that game would be my demise.
The world ends with you is very very platform dependent
DS version (if you are a social person and have friends with DS systems) >>>>>DS version (friendless)> mobile>>> DraStic version

The mobile version drops alot of gameplay in favor of making it playable with a touch screen only. It also removes the mingle pp (pp is used to evolve your pins[moves] and mingle pp is from the ds wireless mode). The graphics were enhanced slightly and there were some other changes due to the lack of using both a touch screen and dpad at the same time. Also for some reason the microphone based pins don't exist either, strange since even tablets all have microphones.

The DS version on DraStic can use cheat codes to get mingle pp, since it would be impossible to evolve to pins any other way. But the controls are way to imprecise to be able to effectively use both the touch screen and virtual dpad at the same time. You can use a bluetooth or built-in dpad if it exists on your device to get a little closer.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:34 am

Nah, already finished it on DraStic.

No Mink or Lightning Rage? Absolutely worst version... albeit Lightning Rook is ridiculous from what I read.

The issue with TWEWY isn't emulation, but input lag. Unless there's some odd smoothing to make it "feel" more responsive, and smoothing normally sucks, there shouldn't be any difference. That or they dumbed down the enemies, and then worst version again.

With input lag acknowledged you just need to work with it. Certain pins need some finesse, but once you git gud it's no different from DS. Here's a disgraceful video of me playing, because technology is hard: https://www.dropbox.com/s/io6xhqg7mstr0 ... 6.mp4?dl=0
Better video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzc4qeq7h6seq ... 1.mp4?dl=0

Controlling your partner isn't much harder since you don't need much more than spam, but aside from harder battles leave it on auto and kill stuff. Aliens should be findable on emulators for mingle PP, but unless you hate yourself cheats will do fine.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH