What else is Exophase working on?

Post whatever!
Exophase
Re: What else is Exophase working on?

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:15 pm

huckleberrypie wrote:Moonlighting as an emu developer, if I might add. :P
Or maybe I'm an emu developer moonlighting as a software engineer ;) Suffice it to say, they know about DraStic and don't have a problem with it.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Exophase wrote:
Or maybe I'm an emu developer moonlighting as a software engineer ;) Suffice it to say, they know about DraStic and don't have a problem with it.
Either way may do lol. :D

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Exophase wrote:
So we know your day job is not at Nintendo and probably not at one of it's 3rd party affiliates.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:18 pm

TkSilver wrote:So we know your day job is not at Nintendo and probably not at one of it's 3rd party affiliates.
Indeed not. I'm not a game developer. I don't think I'm cut out for that field anyway.

... unless it was a company that specialized in emulators. But those don't really exist anymore. I doubt there are more than a few dozen or maybe few hundred people at most working for game companies on emulators.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 pm

TkSilver wrote:
Exophase wrote:Not working on anything but DraStic right now. I mean, outside of my job.

Emulation stuff I've publicly released before DraStic:

gpSP: GBA emulator for PSP and other mobile platforms
Temper: TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine emulator for ARM platforms (mainly GP2X and Pandora, although it's been ported to some MIPS stuff)
PCSX-reARMed: PS1 emulator, I only did the NEON-based GPU emulation plugin
gpSP - was and is the best gba emulator to ever grace my PSPs. Though my go does not seem to like exo's version so I have to use kai on it.

Never used Temper or any TG16 emulators mainly because I only emulate my own collection of games for either portability or to reduce the need to rehook-up my older consoles when the mood strikes me to play something. And I have never owned a TG16.

The NEON gpu plugin is the only thing I liked about retroarch was it has a core for pcsx rearmed and the preformance is amazing and most effects if not all are emulated without any nonsense like pete's opengl. I really wish exo or lordus wpuld port pcsx-rearmed or at least the neon gpu core to android since I really dislike the frontend fpr retroarch
Off-topic: 'so I have to use kai on it' My name is Kai:P

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:33 pm

kaikun97 wrote: Off-topic: 'so I have to use kai on it' My name is Kai:P
There are multiple "forks" of the gpSP.
gpSP 0.9 -is the last official version for the psp (Exo can correct me if I am wrong). The main issue is that it is not exactly the most compatable with latter custom firmware solutions and newer psp variants (psp 3000, pspgo, and psp street) On a lower firmware (pre 5.00) and a psp 1000 or psp 2000 it is lightweight fast and compatible.

Uo gpSP kai 3.4 - mainly fixes the compatability issues with newer firmware and systems. I don't recall it adding to many features but I have been using it for such a long time I may be wrong.

gpSP-j - is as compatable as the orriginal (something the others sometimes have issues with), compatable with newer firmwares and psp systems, and great stability (matched only by the original). The only small issue is that everything is in Japanese. (My main issue is I can sort of understand spoken Japanese, but I can not read it at all)

gpSPmod - adds a lot of extra features to the original gpSP and is otherwise similar to gpSP Kai

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:32 pm

if a software engineer working for NASA (or something) is considered normal then I must be your average drunk on the street then :/
Behold my mighty

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:57 pm

Jay Haru wrote:if a software engineer working for NASA (or something) is considered normal then I must be your average drunk on the street then :/
A typical slacker in the slums of Manila lol. :P

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Does DraStic make a reasonable revenue? It's a niche product on a market with (teorically, dunno about ratio) less paying customers, so in my eyes it's easy to reach saturation.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:36 pm

Fefo wrote:Does DraStic make a reasonable revenue? It's a niche product on a market with (teorically, dunno about ratio) less paying customers, so in my eyes it's easy to reach saturation.
from what lordus tells me, it makes for a decent earnings. while the price is unusual, folks really seem to like it as currently, its the only thing on the market that handles games well and only desmume is able to match it but then, its on a pc.
Behold my mighty