FPSE or epsxe or .... for android ps1 emulation

Post whatever!
TkSilver
FPSE or epsxe or .... for android ps1 emulation

Post by TkSilver » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:17 am

I guess some useful info would be best to start with.
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Cpu/memory: exynos 5420 (quad a15-1.9GHz - a7-1.3GHz)/ 3GB ram
OS: android 4.4.2 - 5.0.2 depending on when samsung gets done.

I have been using RetoArch for quite a lot of my emulating needs and it dose a respectable job on all it emulates. I have 0 issues with the cores most are great emulators. But, I can not stand the frontend. To be precise the in emulator/game menu. I dislike using it for simple things like savestates, and dispise it when trying to change to disk 2. So dispite loving the accuracy and preformance of the neon implementation of pcsx-rearmed I really need to change emulators before my tablet suffers misplaced wrath.

So besides talking the most brillant author of the neon implementation of pcsx-rearmed to make a stand alone ps1 emulator with a well designed frontend (like drastic has). What would be a good runner up program to use.

acid

Re: FPSE or epsxe or .... for android ps1 emulation

Post by acid » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:42 am

Epsxe for sure.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:46 am

acid wrote:Epsxe for sure.
And I bought FPSE ;-;

acid

Post by acid » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:07 am

^So did I, but then I also bought EPSXE. The thing is, FPSE not only runs worse and in some cases with worse sound, but has like a million obscure menu options. I have absolutely no clue what any of those do. I suspect only the developer knows. Also, the author always lists a million improvements in every update and then in practical terms, those either don't do anything or they're bull, because you won't notice them in the quality of emulation.

So yeah, definitely EPSXE for simplicity and better emulation. You'll never look back.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:14 am

acid wrote:^So did I, but then I also bought EPSXE. The thing is, FPSE not only runs worse and in some cases with worse sound, but has like a million obscure menu options. I have absolutely no clue what any of those do. I suspect only the developer knows. Also, the author always lists a million improvements in every update and then in practical terms, those either don't do anything or they're bull, because you won't notice them in the quality of emulation.

So yeah, definitely EPSXE for simplicity and better emulation. You'll never look back.
Yeah.Ill probaly buy EPSXE

beansta

Post by beansta » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:11 pm

I have both, and i can say EPSXE is by far superior.

But neither can emulate the BIOS quite properly (sound cuts out half way through the boot sequence). Often the boot sound is the best bit of a PS1 game.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)