Sugetsions for the forum

Post whatever!
awk
Re: Sugetsions for the forum

Post by awk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 am

While I agree that the forum could use some more categories, I'm not sure seeing the size of the community at this time that it wouldn't just fragment the responses and create duplicate questions. It's still mainly a support forum at this point.

Maybe device specific forum is good because people don't necessarily know what cpu they have when they come here, but on the other hand there is not so much difference in compatibility between devices and that would be a lot of subforums. likewise different language subforums would mean people asking questions would have less chances to get answers. and also, what about suggestion threads? they'd have to be translated to the devs?

It could have one forum for problems with games, one for problems with the emulator itself, one for news and features and then lots of discussion forums to get a little community going...

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:58 am

awk wrote:While I agree that the forum could use some more categories, I'm not sure seeing the size of the community at this time that it wouldn't just fragment the responses and create duplicate questions. It's still mainly a support forum at this point.

Maybe device specific forum is good because people don't necessarily know what cpu they have when they come here, but on the other hand there is not so much difference in compatibility between devices and that would be a lot of subforums. likewise different language subforums would mean people asking questions would have less chances to get answers. and also, what about suggestion threads? they'd have to be translated to the devs?

It could have one forum for problems with games, one for problems with the emulator itself, one for news and features and then lots of discussion forums to get a little community going...
Agreed.

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:03 am

also adding a profile pic is so annoying you have to get it under 6 kb then get it to the right dimensions this should be done automatically

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:04 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:also adding a profile pic is so annoying you have to get it under 6 kb then get it to the right dimensions this should be done automatically
haha that's why I don't have one xD

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:05 am

Howdareme wrote:
the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:also adding a profile pic is so annoying you have to get it under 6 kb then get it to the right dimensions this should be done automatically
spent ages in iphoto editing it just to see another error

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 am

the_cake_is_a_lie wrote:
Howdareme wrote:
spent ages in iphoto editing it just to see another error
I'm sure Exophase will fix that, he said he's a bit busy with other stuff.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:24 am

awk wrote:While I agree that the forum could use some more categories, I'm not sure seeing the size of the community at this time that it wouldn't just fragment the responses and create duplicate questions. It's still mainly a support forum at this point.

Well I did say it is too early for it :D
Behold my mighty

the_cake_is_a_lie

Post by the_cake_is_a_lie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:42 am

We need a captcha for sign up to stop the bots :evil:

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 am

Yeah, it does need captcha, it's just not a default thing for phpBB so that means work is involved and I'm kind of preoccupied with the emulator :( Once I get a free moment I'll make some of you admins and mods and let you tidy things up a bit..

cloud1250000

Post by cloud1250000 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:14 am

Well I can help with the forum, i've already played with phpbb and mybb ;)

Im also currently a moderator on the ppsspp forum, so I don't necessarily have time for moderation but I can help in maintening the forum right... Adding feature and such.

Have a nice day ;)

Ps.: I also have some skills in web programmation (like most of the normal developpers ahah)
--Current Mobile device--
Htc one ( *-* ) , Xperia play, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crappy phone)