Anyone here watch Downfall parodies?

Post whatever!
huckleberrypie
Anyone here watch Downfall parodies?

Post by huckleberrypie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:35 am

Well, I know some people are offended or just plain hate it as it involves Hitler, but still, is any one of you guys here into watching, or perhaps even making one?

Elwood89

Re: Anyone here watch Downfall parodies?

Post by Elwood89 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Many of these are hillarious IMO. My favourite is the one about Hitler searching for the ultimate "german elektro disco" experience in Warsaw, Poland. Unfortunately it is only available in Polish, and I think has a special impact here, because, like, he's really had his disco way with us. That's what makes it so surreal.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Elwood89 wrote:Many of these are hillarious IMO. My favourite is the one about Hitler searching for the ultimate "german elektro disco" experience in Warsaw, Poland. Unfortunately it is only available in Polish, and I think has a special impact here, because, like, he's really had his disco way with us. That's what makes it so surreal.
It is indeed surreal if he's raving something about Poland. Some do find the parodies crass or distasteful, as what I encountered when I made one about American Girl revamping their historical line, although I've seen Jewish and German people who are cool with the spoofs.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:33 am

If you can't mock Hitler who can you mock?

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 am

Exophase wrote:If you can't mock Hitler who can you mock?
Mao Zedong? Genghis Khan? :lol:

Been thinking about doing a couple more parodies, it's just that I'm procrastinating atm.
EDIT: There's this news about Elop shuttering the Nokia Android line in favour of Windows Phone, something to which I could do something out of.