Best GBA emulator on android?

Post whatever!
GatoSoft
Re: Best GBA emulator on android?

Post by GatoSoft » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi! ^_^
I'm new in this forum and I'm replying here because it gave me curiosity why there is so many fans of My Boy emulator. Some people is talking about it's speed, but I can remember playing games perfectly fine using GBA.emu in phones like my late Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700. Also, my wife play GBA games with that same emulator in her LG Optimus Me P350 without a single problem.
Here are the specs of both phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=2965
I've used My Boy in the past but I didn't felt the speed improvement that most of you are describing here even in slow devices. Also, I prefer the GUI from the ".emu" series that is very gamepad-friendly for me. :3
I'd like an answer about My Boy advantages. Maybe I'm missing something and my curiosity is biting me here. xD
See you! ^_^
GatoSoft S.A.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

GatoSoft wrote:Hi! ^_^
I'm new in this forum and I'm replying here because it gave me curiosity why there is so many fans of My Boy emulator. Some people is talking about it's speed, but I can remember playing games perfectly fine using GBA.emu in phones like my late Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700. Also, my wife play GBA games with that same emulator in her LG Optimus Me P350 without a single problem.
Here are the specs of both phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=2965
I've used My Boy in the past but I didn't felt the speed improvement that most of you are describing here even in slow devices. Also, I prefer the GUI from the ".emu" series that is very gamepad-friendly for me. :3
I'd like an answer about My Boy advantages. Maybe I'm missing something and my curiosity is biting me here. xD
See you! ^_^
i prefer to use gba.emu too on my suumsung galaxy s4 mini. works great with my moga controller

btw love the windows xp OS-Tan profile pic :D

GatoSoft

Post by GatoSoft » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks! ^_^
I don't use Windows XP since 2006, but I still love XP-tan with neko mimi onboard. xD
Re-entering to the topic: Actually I'm using GBA.emu mostly in my JXD S7300b (http://jxd.hk/products.asp?id=627&selectclassid=009006) without a hitch. The options to customize it are great, it's interface is fast and stable, it's not expensive at all and (I insist) is pretty fast even in really old devices with Android 2.2. Maybe that was the impressions people got about older versions of GBA.emu? Still, I'm using it since it's very beginning and I can't remember having any speed problem. :$
GatoSoft S.A.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 pm

GatoSoft wrote:Thanks! ^_^
I don't use Windows XP since 2006, but I still love XP-tan with neko mimi onboard. xD
Re-entering to the topic: Actually I'm using GBA.emu mostly in my JXD S7300b (http://jxd.hk/products.asp?id=627&selectclassid=009006) without a hitch. The options to customize it are great, it's interface is fast and stable, it's not expensive at all and (I insist) is pretty fast even in really old devices with Android 2.2. Maybe that was the impressions people got about older versions of GBA.emu? Still, I'm using it since it's very beginning and I can't remember having any speed problem. :$
latest version of gba.emu works great on my samsung galaxy s4 mini http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9190_g ... i-5375.php with myboy emulation is good but sound emulation isnt as good and is a little static on some games so i prefer gba.emu

GatoSoft

Post by GatoSoft » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:14 am

However, Galaxy S4 Mini is a very powerful phone. You can even play PSP games with PPSSPP, that I think it's one of the most demanding emulators out there today. GBA.emu is a piece of cake for the little monster you have in your hands. :3
Even my trashy phone can run GBA.emu perfectly! xD
Just compare: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3761
:P
GatoSoft S.A.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 pm

GatoSoft wrote:However, Galaxy S4 Mini is a very powerful phone. You can even play PSP games with PPSSPP, that I think it's one of the most demanding emulators out there today. GBA.emu is a piece of cake for the little monster you have in your hands. :3
Even my trashy phone can run GBA.emu perfectly! xD
Just compare: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=3761
:P
My Old phone which i also use for emulating is more trashy than yours xD lookup Huawei u8160. Your phome has a powervr sgx 530 gpu which is actaually a decent GPU. And lol i havnt tried ppsspp xD psp roms are huge

GatoSoft

Post by GatoSoft » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:11 pm

That's why I have a 16 GB. Micro SD card in my JXD S7300. However, I only have there the couple of games that I play the most. For the rest of the game I use to mount a network folder from my PC where my games are stored, so I can load games remotely. :3
You have to give it a try. It works pretty well on powerful Android devices and perfectly in not-so-great PCs (considering my Core2Quad Q6600 being pretty old). :P
GatoSoft S.A.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:53 am

GatoSoft wrote:That's why I have a 16 GB. Micro SD card in my JXD S7300. However, I only have there the couple of games that I play the most. For the rest of the game I use to mount a network folder from my PC where my games are stored, so I can load games remotely. :3
You have to give it a try. It works pretty well on powerful Android devices and perfectly in not-so-great PCs (considering my Core2Quad Q6600 being pretty old). :P
Lol ive only got 2gb free on my phone 8gb storage and 500mb free on my 4gb sdcard. its mostly filled with nds roms because i use drastic ds most. I used to own a ds lite and an r4 and it broke so its lucky drastic ds came out :) Ill give ppsspp a try if i can find a game that doesnt give me a black screen xD seems not many games work on it lol

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:43 am

kaikun97 wrote:
GatoSoft wrote:That's why I have a 16 GB. Micro SD card in my JXD S7300. However, I only have there the couple of games that I play the most. For the rest of the game I use to mount a network folder from my PC where my games are stored, so I can load games remotely. :3
Lol ive only got 2gb free on my phone 8gb storage and 500mb free on my 4gb sdcard. its mostly filled with nds roms because i use drastic ds most. I used to own a ds lite and an r4 and it broke so its lucky drastic ds came out :) Ill give ppsspp a try if i can find a game that doesnt give me a black screen xD seems not many games work on it lol
unless its 3d heavy, i think your phone would be fine (i think... unless the sgs4m has cortex a7 then some 2d games might also suffer). also, keep in mind the comptibility issues on emulators so ifyour game doesnt work,it doesnt necessarily mean your phone.

based on my testing of ppsspp, only one game choked on my list and thart is wild arms xf (but i have read that jeanne d'arc has issues with the emulator so i cant play it). but that was using my dual core cortex a9 tblet. havent tried it yet on the much morepowerful lg lg2 with snapdragon 800 but will give it a go and will inform you people.

maybe i should change the topic to say somethinglike "general emulation thread" so we can talk more about otheremulators.
Behold my mighty

GatoSoft

Post by GatoSoft » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am

I never had problems with PPSSPP. In fact, I had more problems with DraStic than with PPSSPP. The Galaxy S4 Mini is a powerful phone. It should run perfectly lots of games that sometimes I run at painful low FPS. :$
Don't be afraid kaikun97, give it a try! :D
GatoSoft S.A.